I'm overthinking the FL Resident ticket, right? Why would they add the "non-consecutive days" blurb?

bobogator

Original Poster
Hello. When Disney announced the 2019 Discover Disney tickets for Florida Residents, the first thing that caught my eye was the inclusion of "and can be used on non-consecutive days," and they included the expiration date (6/30) and the great idea to have no blockout dates in the details about the ticket. I read it as this ticket would not allow park entry on consecutive days (odd, for sure), because why would they explicitly mention something that makes perfect sense...if you're assuming you don't have to explicitly tell me I can use a ticket on consecutive days, why do you have to explicitly tell me I can (also?) use it on non-consecutive days? Either include both "consecutive days and non-consecutive days" or don't mention either...those two options mean the same thing, but including one or the other means two different things.

Working against me is the fact that this ticket can be purchased until 6/27, which leaves only 3 days until the expiration on the 30th, so that would mean Disney is giving you only two non-consecutive days of use on the 3 day pass.

What do you think? Am I being an idiot (I can take it :))? This is frustrating the heck out of me. Why include that blurb??? Why??? :)

Thanks!

epcotisbest

Does not seem confusing to me at all. Disney points out the tickets "can" be used on non-consecutive days because these are marketed to Florida residents who might only be able to go on a weekend, which consists of, wait for it...two days.
So the natural question is then, "If I buy a three day ticket but can only go for two days, is the leftover day good at another time?"
If they had to be used for three straight days, it would not be such a good deal if you could only go for two.
So, to eliminate what would seem to be a natural question about the tickets, go ahead and explain it up front.
Anticipating possible questions and answering them before they are asked is good marketing.

bobogator

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. Two comments. If that's the natural, anticipated question, wouldn't something like "use any 3 days before expiration" be clearer and more appropriate? Second, can you recall Disney ever offering a (multi) N-day ticket that expired N days after first use (where N <> 365 :))?

bobogator

Original Poster
FL Resident 3-day 1 park per day ticket...both messages shown here, and reading this it's clear how it works. Valid any 3 days from X to Y says everything that needs to be said, and the Discover Disney page not showing that makes that one less clear.

DisFanMark

Legalese to keep Disney from being sued by someone who buys the tickets and then uses them on 3 consecutive days because they think they have to. So, using that verbiage covers them legally as it clearly states that use on non-consecutive days *is allowed*.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom