I'm New here with a question...

eel_pharm_06

Original Poster
Hi guys!
I'm new here great site!
to give the Lowdown on my story i just graduated Pharmacy School (6 long years). and my family and i are going down to Disney Florida to celebrate :D.
any who I've heard so much about these Disney Pins and Lanyards, i would like to know how they work? the whole trading thing... and is it fun? i would love to get your input. also last time we went to Disney i was only 15 (now I'm 24) anything worth really seeing thats new? also (sorry for all the questions) but last time i went it was only myself, my sister, and my parents, now who will be going will be myself and my boyfriend, my sister and her boyfriend, and my parents... no one being under 21, will the "magic" still be there? (silly question i know, but i must know :rolleyes: ). any who thanks for the responses!!!

Edy

Iakona

eel_pharm_06 said:
Hi guys!
I'm new here great site!
to give the Lowdown on my story i just graduated Pharmacy School (6 long years). and my family and i are going down to Disney Florida to celebrate :D.
any who I've heard so much about these Disney Pins and Lanyards, i would like to know how they work? the whole trading thing... and is it fun? i would love to get your input. also last time we went to Disney i was only 15 (now I'm 24) anything worth really seeing thats new? also (sorry for all the questions) but last time i went it was only myself, my sister, and my parents, now who will be going will be myself and my boyfriend, my sister and her boyfriend, and my parents... no one being under 21, will the "magic" still be there? (silly question i know, but i must know :rolleyes: ). any who thanks for the responses!!!

Edy

YES. The magic is still there. I'm 35 and act like a little kid whenever I am there. Have fun!

EpcoTim

Iakona said:
YES. The magic is still there. I'm 35 and act like a little kid whenever I am there. Have fun!

You should smell his diaper after a good Extra magic hours event!!!

Mr Bill

So it's been 9 years since you've been? They've added tons since your last trip!

Animal Kingdom's entirely new.
Epcot has added Mission: SPACE, Test Track, Soarin' and updated Journey Into Imagination.
MGM has Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and the Lights! Motors! Action! Stunt Show.
I'm not really sure what MK has added since 1997...Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Stitch's Great Escape, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and Mickey's Philharmagic are all new.

mickeyman65

Welcome to the forum...it is true that the magic is still there and it never leaves you. Its so nice to have fun with no worries and cares. I'm sure you will have a blast just like the good old days

FanofDinsey1981

1. Congrats! My dad is a pharmacist, and I know how hard he works at his job. He has been doing it for 25+years now, and most of that he has worked 60+ weeks at one full time job and two part time jobs (there is a major shortage of pharmacists in the area). But his hard works gets him the money he needs to take his family on disney vacations!

2. where did you graduate from?

3. Pin Trading. I don't usually do the 'trading' part, but I have been collecting pins for over 20 years. I started way before it was cool. I buy ones that mean something to me, such as my favorite rides, a certain celebration (New years day or the food and wine festival), or a favorite character. I buy for my own collection.

However, the few times I have traded, I went online to ebay and bought a group of pins at a small price. I kept the ones I liked, and the rest I put on a laynard and brought them to WDW.

Basic rules--the workers of disney that have a laynard on MUST trade if asked. If you see something on their laynard you have to have, offer a trade, you won't get turned down. At the pin stations, there might be other WDW guests with books or laynards willing to trade, but they of course don't have to. Some are going after a collection, some might be looking for a specific one. You might have to give up two or three pins to get the one you really want, especially if it was a limited edition or special edition.

Last rule....HAVE FUN WITH IT!

jellis

"will the "magic" still be there?"

Yes, for sure!! I'm 33 and still get as much out of going as I did when my parents took me (even more so now that we took our kids for the first time this May).

I think now I slow down and take more in then I did when I was younger so alot of things seem new all over again.

- Jim

wdwishes2005

DON'T BUY ANY PINS ( my huge collection of pins rips me off my chair and eats me ) No seriously, I got a starter kit 5 trips ago and I've spent all my extra money for souveniers on pins. probably $250+....

FanofDinsey1981

wdwishes2005 said:
DON'T BUY ANY PINS ( my huge collection of pins rips me off my chair and eats me ) No seriously, I got a starter kit 5 trips ago and I've spent all my extra money for souveniers on pins. probably $250+....

You can easily get addicted to it.......perhaps have a money or pin limit before you go. I have yet to establish mine for my trip in two months.....:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom