IllumiNations, with Wishes sneak peek

brkgnews

Original Poster
Apologies if this has been posted before...

Can't get enough fireworks? Here's a hint for EPCOT visitors who want to catch a partial peek at Wishes over at the MK. This works best on nights when IllumiNations is shown at 9PM, and Wishes is around 10PM. Hang around World Showcase for a while so the crowd can clear out, then head out the main exit for EPCOT. Then, walk past the tram loading area and the monorail station (this tip works especially well if you get a parking space close enough to walk to, rather than tram-hopping). As you walk past the monorail staton on the way out, the first parking lot to the left (usually mainly parking for guests with disabilities), there's a small shelter that looks a little like a bus stop. Standing in that general area, look for a u-shaped dip in the distant tree line across the parking lot. If you're there around the time that Wishes begins, you should be able to see some of the fireworks. Obviously, you won't see all of them, and you won't be able to hear the music, but it's neat, anyway. If it's extremely quiet out and the wind's just right, you may also be able to hear the crowds as pretty much the whole park cheers during the finale. You'll get an especially good view of those huge "pixie dust/weeping willow" shells that light up the sky over the castle. We discovered this by accident one evening, and now we make sure to stick around. The only 'trouble' we have is folks in vehicles offering us rides to our car (I love the Disney mindset!) We tell them what we're doing, and they usually wheel into a spot and watch, too!

togasports

Also, If you stand in showcase Plaza Looking across the water towards France you can see fantasmic. When Fantasmic is at 8:30 their fireworks are finishing when illuminations starts

tigger248

I think I've also seen part of Wishes from back in the World Showcase while waiting for Illuminations to start. That works when MK closes before 9:00. If you're standing in the back in the America or Italy regions, Wishes is kinda to the left (like behind Canada or Soarin areas). You still obviously can't see the whole show, but it's kinda cool to see the big fireworks up in the air.

amfail20

togasports said:
Also, If you stand in showcase Plaza Looking across the water towards France you can see fantasmic. When Fantasmic is at 8:30 their fireworks are finishing when illuminations starts
Working at EPCOT i was fortunate enough to be able to watch Illuminations all around WS~ I had to work the Disablity Viewing Sections...
From Germany/Italy or the island there in Italy, you are able to see MK fireworks!

But yeah the Bus parking you are able to see MK fireworks as well! did a few stints in the custodial department...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom