Illuminations - No Fire Barge?????

niteobsrvr

Original Poster
Hi,

Just curious. I was at Epcot last night for the first time in 5 months and during Illuminations there was absolutely no sign of the fire barge.

Is it gone? Temporary or permanent?

The show was excellent. It seems there have been some changes to give it a little more ooomph in a couple of places.

jcrb

I was at Epcot yesterday and I only saw the globe taken out to the lake about 3:30.

Did not stay for Illuminations that night - went to see Fantasmic.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
There was no fire barge when I last saw Illuminations back in March of this year. I assumed it was a victim of budget cuts.

Day after tomorrow, I will be back there :sohappy: I don't expect to see the fire barge as part of Illuminations, but if I do, I'll post when I get back.

sillyspook13

Inferno barge was down earlier this year due to a fuel leak that would have caused the barge to go boom- unintentionally. Thus, inferno barge would have been no more.

I would assume it was down recently for some routine maintenance.

mickeyfanatics

It was there and working fine the last time I was there. Wow, you can feel the heat!

BTW: The best place to watch Illuminations is near Italy. You want to be on the West side of the little Island (the side by America). I have seen it from almost everywhere, and this is the best place.

wanabeimagineer

I think the best place is our little table right on the water in the Mexico resteraunt that we always get. Right up next to the gate, my parents and grandparents get there about 2 hours early and just sit and eat and drink until we come and the fireworks start. It's such a nice view.

TheOneVader

I was there Oct. 17-22 and the fire barge was up and working.

I think the best place is next to one of the shops right at the entrance of thw World Showcase. The worst is whever the smoke goes :lol: Last time, I was near Paris and I couldn't breathe cuz the smoke and ash from it.

wed050499

Hey,

As some have said, it was probably taken out for routine maintinence, but I'll send an email to someone I know who works over there and see what it was. I'll probably have an answer for you all sometime tomorrow.

Brian

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Update as promised

I said I would post, so I am, but I think we have been more than adequately answered by the people who tell us the fire barge was just down for maintenance.

I was pleased to experience the full effect of Illuminations with the fire barge in place, not once, but twice last week!

lamarvenoy

I like he use of the fire barge, much cleaner than the fireworks.That lake must have incredible levels of metal and minerals, I am surprised fish survive and thrive in it, I've seen fish as big as a foot or more when looking over teh bridge by IG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom