Illuminations FP info

horizons82

Original Poster
I'm a local and have been to WDW plenty of times, so I don't mind spending a FP on Illuminations since I haven't seen the show in quite a while.

But before deciding to do this I'd like to verify three things about a FP for Illuminations:

1. Is it in its own roped-off area...can I assume it's close to where the dessert party area is?

2. How crowded does the FP area get and how late can you arrive and still get a decent view with FP? Let's say we arrive to the FP area 10-15 minutes before Illuminations...will having a FP give us better views than just being anywhere around the WS at the last minute?

3. Do they open the FP area to the general public at some point close to the start of the show? (Which would obviously defeat the purpose I've mentioned above).

Thanks greatly for the help!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We were in the FP+ area in December. It was located in front of the shop on the left as you enter the World Showcase promenade from Future World. It was a roped off area and we entered 10 minutes prior to the start of Illuminations. No one else was allowed in even after the show began. We had a prime view!

Don't know if this is still the FP+ area or not, but it was a great spot to watch from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom