Illuminations fast pass ????

cw1982

I wouldn't use a FP for Illuminations over TT or Soarin' unless you just happen to be in Epcot for multiple days or there are passes left after you use them for everything else you wanted. There are many great places to watch Illuminations around the lagoon.

CheshireCat12

Where exactly is the FP+ preferred viewing area for IllumiNations? The FP+ site on MDE says something like it is between two towers or something like that- I'm not exactly sure what that means.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Where exactly is the FP+ preferred viewing area for IllumiNations? The FP+ site on MDE says something like it is between two towers or something like that- I'm not exactly sure what that means.
It is next to the gift shop as you enter World Showcase from Future World.

ABQ

I won't speak for the accuracy, as this is not my map, but it does appear correct. #16 is what you're after.

Epcot-WS-fp.jpg

habuma

For Illuminations, you can find any good spot on the 1.1 mile path around the lagoon where the view isn't blocked by trees or buildings. Last month, we walked out of Via Napoli and went just a little toward The American Adventure (about halfway) and found a great spot just 30 minutes prior to the show. No need for FP+.

Since someone mentioned Fantasmic!, allow me to recommend that you *not* get a FP+ for it either. Doing so will tie up your FP+ selections and you won't be able to get a revolving 4th FP+ throughout the day. And, what's worse, it doesn't guarantee you a seat. The first time we got a FP+ for Fantasmic!, we ended up with horrible seats despite the FP+. The second time, we arrived early (way ahead of the FP+ return time), and they were already letting *EVERYONE* into the theater, whether they had a FP+ or not. Had we arrived at the FP+ return time I'm sure we would have got horrible seats again. My recommendation is to simply arrive early (way early) for Fantasmic and save those FP+ for other attractions.

CheshireCat12

I chose the FP+ for IllumiNations because we are going to TL in the morning then we have dinner ressies in the WS, so we only have a few hours for FP+ and we have fastpasses for TT on another day already- and TT was not available that evening. We don't like Soarin' that much. I have never had a problem finding a spot for the show but I figure it can't hurt to try the preferred location! We got IllumiNations, Maelstrom and SSE all within that three hour window.

Rob562

My one issue with FP+ for Illuminations is that if the wind happens to be blowing in the direction of the FP+ area, you'll get smoke in your face during the show. Waiting until that evening to select a spot can assure you of not being downwind.

-Rob

CheshireCat12

My one issue with FP+ for Illuminations is that if the wind happens to be blowing in the direction of the FP+ area, you'll get smoke in your face during the show. Waiting until that evening to select a spot can assure you of not being downwind.

-Rob
This is true, but it could happen on one of the other sides too. We had some smoke come our way over by Yorkshire Fish and Chips too. But point taken :)

cw1982

I chose the FP+ for IllumiNations because we are going to TL in the morning then we have dinner ressies in the WS, so we only have a few hours for FP+ and we have fastpasses for TT on another day already- and TT was not available that evening. We don't like Soarin' that much. I have never had a problem finding a spot for the show but I figure it can't hurt to try the preferred location! We got IllumiNations, Maelstrom and SSE all within that three hour window.

Yeah if you don't have anything else that you want to use that FP for, then by all means, no harm no foul. I just meant that, in my case, I couldn't see using a FP for a show if I had rides I could use it for instead lol. What time is dinner, though? The FP area gets crowded, so you don't want to wait too late to get there.

CheshireCat12

Yeah if you don't have anything else that you want to use that FP for, then by all means, no harm no foul. I just meant that, in my case, I couldn't see using a FP for a show if I had rides I could use it for instead lol. What time is dinner, though? The FP area gets crowded, so you don't want to wait too late to get there.
Oh, dinner is at 5:00 in WS...so no worries!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom