Illuminations Fast Pass +

Vipor51

Original Poster
Has anyone utilized the Illuminations FP+? I am considering changing our Talk Time with Crush to Illuminations as we have 4 small children with us and could probably use a better viewing area.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Marijil

Have not..... but if its the same viewing area used w Candlelight tickets, its ok...not sure why they don't let you right up to the railings though

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Has anyone utilized the Illuminations FP+? I am considering changing our Talk Time with Crush to Illuminations as we have 4 small children with us and could probably use a better viewing area.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
The viewing location is in Showcase Plaza, which is the optimal spot to view the show.

BoardwalkGlenn

Then that is the same as Candlelight right Steve?

They're right next to each other with separate entrances. Last month during our trip, we were in the reserved Candlight Processional Package viewing area one night. Later in the week, we changed a FP+ to Illuminations (still grandfathered in before the tiers went in to play). We went to the CPP viewing area, but we were sent to a different area on the other side of the store.

Since there's not a Candlelight Processional option right now, it may be one big area.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It is a great spot...pending the wind is not blowing in that direction! We were covered in smoke and ash by the time the finale ended.

JohnD

I have an ADR with family at LeCellier one night at 7:05 pm. The park closes at 9, so Illuminations at 9. Enough time to leave LeCellier and use the FP+?

JohnD

Thanks. The question is predicated on is it reasonable that we would be out of the restaurant, say, no later than an hour and half later (approx 8:30). I know this is getting into restaurant thread territory but I'm concerned about getting out of the restaurant on time and being able to get a spot for Illuminations, especially since both of my parents are 73 and my mother will be in a wheelchair. But I'm thinking a FP+ for Illuminations is a must for our situation.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks. The question is predicated on is it reasonable that we would be out of the restaurant, say, no later than an hour and half later (approx 8:30). I know this is getting into restaurant thread territory but I'm concerned about getting out of the restaurant on time and being able to get a spot for Illuminations, especially since both of my parents are 73 and my mother will be in a wheelchair. But I'm thinking a FP+ for Illuminations is a must for our situation.
The FP+ viewing area is close to Canada. You will be given a ''window''of when to enter the area (ours was 10-15 minutes prior). There were other guests in the area when we entered but we still had a decent spot. When we went in December, FP+ was only an option for the weekends, not weekdays, don't know of this is true still.

Also, if your mom is in a wheelchair you might consider watching from one of the handicap access areas around the lagoon. There is one between Canada and the UK.

JohnD

If this hasn't already been discussed, note that Illuminations, TT, and Soarin are all in the same tier. That alone, will impact my family's plans over two days at Epcot.

Also, if your mom is in a wheelchair you might consider watching from one of the handicap access areas aprons the lagoon. There is one between Canada and the UK.

But maybe this would be a viable option in our case, then TT on one day and Soarin on the other with FP+

JohnD

When we went in December, FP+ was only an option for the weekends, not weekdays, don't know of this is true still.

I tried another experiment for Monday, January 13 (we go in April and have our ADR for LeCellier on a Monday night). Illuminations came up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom