illuminations boat cruise

X12345

So I arrive at the airport on dec 29th 9:18am sharp. Hopefully to WDW shortly thereafter. If WDW maintains the current schedule, that is suppose to be an epcot extra hours night. Here are my questions:

1) What time does the illuminations show start?

2) I was thinking I am going to reserve a pontoon boat for that night to watch the show. Is that the best seat in the house for illuminations?

3) If I decide to goto the MK for the first part of the day, could I watch the fireworks there since it is regular hours and then make it over to the boat in time for illuminations? (I am thinking that would be too much for little children tho). I have a 7 day park hopper, so I am not worried about devoting my entire day to one park or another at this point, especially since I won't be there until late morning on day 1 anyway.

goofy0101

In regard to your second question, I wish you the best of luck with a reservation. That's one of the toughest ones to acquire. Be prepared to call the very second the lines are open to receive reservations for the day you want to go.

Upvote 0

swimmom

1. Illumintation will be nightly from November 25 thru December 30 at 9:30 pm.

2. I'm not going to say that the boats are the best seats in house, but they are good. We had a reservation on an evening that was raining lightly, and we were parked partly under the bridge and stayed dry with out umbrellas or rain ponchos. It was also nice leaving by boat rather than walking in the crowd.

3. Don't think it's possible to do Wishes & Illuminations cruise in the same night. One reason is that I believe we needed to check-in for the cruise about 8:00 pm at Community Hall at the Boardwalk Resort if I am remembering correctly. Then we walked over to the Boardwalk boat dock to be picked up. They take you on a short boat ride around the Epcot resorts before going to Epcot for Illuminations. Then you are returned to the boat dock at the Boardwalk after Illuminations.

On our trip last December the week before Christmas we were able to see Illuminations and then Wishes when Wishes was at 11:00 pm. There was plenty of time to get from Epcot to MK via monorail. Not too sure how long it would take for you to get from Boardwalk to MK after an Illuminations cruise.

FYI you need to make your cruise reservations right at 90 days and start calling a couple of minutes before 7:00 EST.

Upvote 0

MHSJAX

We did it this spring with six small kids. And WOW was it worth it. Not having to fight the crowds on the way out with 6 small, tired ones was great. The most relaxing part of our many trips. Good-luck

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

jpstajdl said:
2) I was thinking I am going to reserve a pontoon boat for that night to watch the show. Is that the best seat in the house for illuminations?
Yes - providing that the wind isn't blowing all the smoke in your direction

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom