Illuminations 12/2/17 show

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
So while I consider myself somewhat of a regular of the show, I have to say that tonight was something special. It definitely got me for the first time in a while. I’m curious if anybody knows what the deal was with the pro-photographers around the lagoon? Theses guys were connected via radio and were discussing their shots. Also had cast stationed with them. I’m going to presume the show was all hands on deck as a result?

Anyway, not only did every single effect in the show work but even the blanked out portions of the globe screen which have been messed up for months were corrected. We saw lasers I’ve never seen and pyro I’ve never seen. Even the POE tag had screamers which it didn’t have just last week. Perhaps just luck? Either way, was a fantastic show! I was just curious if there were any other witnesses on here to give me a sanity check lol

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
If there were pros linked by radio that had CMs with them shooting it, then you should go buy a lottery ticket. You caught a show they are shooting for some promotional material. We caught one they did in a similar manner back in 2011 and I think it was the best Illuminations I ever saw.

_ZJ

Was at the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party on 12/1/17 (Yesterday) and can report the show was in great condition. I also watched Illuminations on 12/2/17 (Tonight) from my balcony at The Beach Club villas with audio synced up with my phone, happy to know that the show is doing well. :)

P.s: During the show on 12/1/17 I noticed a lot of private events/reserved areas around the lagoon for the show (I remember one privte event being held behind the yorkshire county food stand in the u.k pavilion) I'm aware that any one rich enough can rent these areas out anytime, but maybe it could be releated?

That specific venue is great. I rented it a few years back for a private anniversary dinner for my wife and me, and it was wonderful. Under $2,000; which was less than most expect. Custom menu, server, multiple security CMs, and the head chef presented each course. Entire venue to ourselves.

Bolt

Was at the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party on 12/1/17 (Yesterday) and can report the show was in great condition. I also watched Illuminations on 12/2/17 (Tonight) from my balcony at The Beach Club villas with audio synced up with my phone, happy to know that the show is doing well. :)

P.s: During the show on 12/1/17 I noticed a lot of private events/reserved areas around the lagoon for the show (I remember one privte event being held behind the yorkshire county food stand in the u.k pavilion) I'm aware that any one rich enough can rent these areas out anytime, but maybe it could be releated?
Not related - there are events around the lagoon 365 days a year.

Notes from Neverland

Can confirm that renting a spot around World Showcase is probably less than you might think. We did a private event at the section of Italy on the water and the cost to actually rent the spot was way less than I expected. Maybe $500. The real costs came in with the extras, food, etc.

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
Can confirm that renting a spot around World Showcase is probably less than you might think. We did a private event at the section of Italy on the water and the cost to actually rent the spot was way less than I expected. Maybe $500. The real costs came in with the extras, food, etc.
Thanks for the info. I’m assuming that folks attending the private event would have already needed to have park admission?

Notes from Neverland

Thanks for the info. I’m assuming that folks attending the private event would have already needed to have park admission?

Nope. None of them needed park admission. It was $10 per head (our group was very small, so more than manageable) for them to come in without a ticket. We did have to pay for a guide to take the group from the entrance to our location (I think it was like $80 for a guide for the night), but that's far better than having to get park tickets.

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
If there were pros linked by radio that had CMs with them shooting it, then you should go buy a lottery ticket. You caught a show they are shooting for some promotional material. We caught one they did in a similar manner back in 2011 and I think it was the best Illuminations I ever saw.
Haha I was thinking the same thing. It’s fustrating that for a shoot they pull out all the stops but I also get that it’s tough to have perfection every night based on conditions, etc. Regardless, it was definitely something special. I also should have commended in my original post both the CM and the photographer for their overall graciousness and kindness. They were in a popular spot with equipment and such but still mostly focused on the guests around them enjoying the show. And I’m sure my iPhone photo doesn’t compare to what they were able to get but still a memorable experience.

Attachments

• 726AD822-1B45-4DA6-A3F8-5E2CB63C31F1.jpeg
    726AD822-1B45-4DA6-A3F8-5E2CB63C31F1.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 110

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
Nope. None of them needed park admission. It was $10 per head (our group was very small, so more than manageable) for them to come in without a ticket. We did have to pay for a guide to take the group from the entrance to our location (I think it was like $80 for a guide for the night), but that's far better than having to get park tickets.
This is awesome. Thank you. Not far different than top golf, D&B and such. Not bad!

Goofywilliam

Not sure if this is related, but on the Epcot Snapchat story last night that you can access on the Wold Map, there was a TON of footage of Illuminations uploaded to it, some having "multiple perspectives." While watching the clips you could change the perspective of the video all while the show and music stayed in sync, moving around World Showcase Lagoon. Pretty cool feature and the first time that I have seen it featured on Snapchat. Maybe this is some sort of test?

Notes from Neverland

Hi, i'm somewhat curious in the cost of renting a event space around the World showcase lagoon for Illuminations, The Frozen Ever After Dessert Party cost around 320 dollars for the four people in my party on my most recent trip to the World and i'd admit if we had known it was as easy as renting one of these spaces out then we would have spent the extra 200 dollars on it.

I can only find two links for reserving a private event around the World showcase lagoon but both do not cover expenses https://disneyeventgroup.com/sectio...t/illuminations-reflections-of-earth/#media-0 , http://www.wdwdvm.com/concepts/Desserts-EC.pdf

Also how early do you need to book one of these events? possible trip is being planned November/December 2018 or early 2019.

We contacted the Disney events group and went from there. We didn't really use the website. They provided all of the info I needed, which I believe is because they're free to change and customize things as needed.

Though the cost to rent the physical space we were in was $500, I do believe they will tack on minimums depending on demand and the time of the year. We were planning an outdoor dinner with drinks and dessert, so it was extremely easy to hit what I thought was a reasonable minimum during an off time of year. That sort of info is only available by request, I believe.

Overall, and I'll caution that your mileage may vary as we all know how quickly Disney can change pricing, I found the overall cost for a private area, custom menu and an open bar to be in line with the pricing for most nice venues. There really wasn't the infamous Disney upcharge you might expect.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Which then begs the question, why aren't they making sure the show is that level of quality every single night? Those paying admission should be entitled to the same show they see on promotional materials, no?

Their Tourists whadda they, know they'll take what we give em and like it.

Simply a cynical disdain for the guest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom