If you were to renovate Space Mountain...

JD2000

Original Poster
I would take a more conservative approach, doing the following:

Add space themed projections (nebula, asteroids, etc).
Upgrade the star effect (london scene from peter pan's flight comes to mind).
Paint the entire attraction to be a more coherent theme.
Move the entrance back to the front and rebuild the escalator ramps.

How about you?

Rich T

I would take a more conservative approach, doing the following:

Add space themed projections (nebula, asteroids, etc).
Upgrade the star effect (london scene from peter pan's flight comes to mind).
Paint the entire attraction to be a more coherent theme.
Move the entrance back to the front and rebuild the escalator ramps.

How about you?
That all sounds good to me! I'm all for more space object images as long as the ride remains as dark as it currently is.

Phroobar

Give us back the projections they originally had in 2005 when it reopened.
Light the damn asteroid in center.
Add a special effects preshow to the current overflow queue in the former Starcade.
Enclose the entire queue. Enter in the old Starcade lower floor.
Remove the theater and replace with outdoor stage and dinning
Replace Pizza Planet with a space station restaurant attached to Space Mountain's upper level.

Touchdown

Rocket ships launch, SM should be a launch coaster, it doesn’t have to be a looping coaster but it should launch. Imagine the blue lights like WDW but instead of slowly moving through them have a lim launch followed immediately by a steep incline followed by swoops and turns and a re entry tunnel where the fire of re entry is better simulated.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

If there is a brand new tomorrowland coming they should use it as a opportunity to expand space mountain and make it bigger and longer. redo the queue, they can add as many lights and colors as they want during the queue and the initial launch but once we are in "space" It needs to be dark. less lights. the fun of space mountain is that you can't see the track ahead of you. you do not know what turn or drop is coming next.

Rich T

Rocket ships launch, SM should be a launch coaster, it doesn’t have to be a looping coaster but it should launch. Imagine the blue lights like WDW but instead of slowly moving through them have a lim launch followed immediately by a steep incline followed by swoops and turns and a re entry tunnel where the fire of re entry is better simulated.
DL's Space Mtn. is great without a launch. The climb to the top is part of the fun. I agree that any future space-themed coasters should launch, but this classic should remain the chain-lift masterpiece it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom