If you were an Imagineer...

longfamily

Original Poster
If you were a disney Imagineer, what ride would you create? What would be the ultimate ride from your imagination and what park would you place it in?
This is your chance to let your favorite Disney stories loose :D

m star

Wow. What an impressive thread topic.

Well, I think that World Showcase needs a new really good ride. I think that someone else here mentioned this, sorry I don't know who it is. I thought that they could put in a raft ride in Canada, like Kali River Rapids. However, since they opened KRR, they have made some major improvements in Grizzly River Run in DCA. Their next version could be amazing! I would love to combine the huge hill and wave from Kali with the spinning from Grizzly. And who knows what else could be possible? It could be themed on the Rocky mountains, and it would fit in with the existing scenery for O Canada! The only problem would be space, I don't know how much is left after Soarin'. Well, that's my idea.

KentB3

You might want to visit the Imagineer forum, where many such creations like these are designed. I am curretly in the process of creating a mock proposal for a new Disney theme park resort. Dozens of others like mine have been created there as well! :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
If I was an imagineer..

hmm

I feel a song coming on..

If I was an imagineer...

The Poopsmith, he could talk-- Hello!

And Marzipan would rock,

And The Stick would be this big old tree that'd try to eat everyone except The Cheat and me-- AND ME!-- We'll see..

And The King of Town would be underground in a box filled up with peas-- I hate peas!-- I know!

Bubs would give away flame throwers that shoot chocolate hundred dollar bills-- Imitation Chocolate!

And my stupid baby brother would have been born with horns and a tail-- I'm Evil

And Coach Z would wear this cool jacket-- Check it out yo!

And Homestar just couldn't hack it!-- I quit!

And Pom Pom wouldn't change at all 'cept he'd look like an ABA basketball...

...two three four

and this little weirdo

would be a modestly hot girl...

..to help me through the hard times... you know the kind that are only sorta hot so that they don't mess around with other guys!-- DaAaAa, I'm forever your girl!

longfamily

Original Poster
Lately there has been so much heartache over the use of 20k and so much disagreement over ariel and belle. Here is an opportunity to voice exactly what attraction disney needs to hire you to create for them :)

My attraction would be a coaster ride based on Emperors New Groove.
Guests would enter through Kuzco's palace and the line area would take them up to a high elevated area then they would get to go down a cork screw slide to the loading area (yzma's lab) In this area, you hear Yzma fussing at Kronk and plotting against kuzco. The coaster will look like a mining cart. as the coaster goes on it's intitial ascent, we see kuzco the llama and pacha animatronics in different stages of the beginning of the story line. The rest of the coaster is basically a themed escape from Yzma and Kronk. It would have more flips than RNR but it would not all take place in a single room like RNR. the track would always seem to be level with the ground, it would always have a floor under the track even when flipped in order to keep themed. Basically it will be the chase from the story. At the end we see animatronic Kuzco and pals and they beat out Izma in the end. Kronk would be the voice to dismiss you from the ride.

longfamily

Original Poster
mkt said:
If I was an imagineer..

hmm

I feel a song coming on..

If I was an imagineer...

The Poopsmith, he could talk-- Hello!

And Marzipan would rock,

And The Stick would be this big old tree that'd try to eat everyone except The Cheat and me-- AND ME!-- We'll see..

And The King of Town would be underground in a box filled up with peas-- I hate peas!-- I know!

Bubs would give away flame throwers that shoot chocolate hundred dollar bills-- Imitation Chocolate!

And my stupid baby brother would have been born with horns and a tail-- I'm Evil

And Coach Z would wear this cool jacket-- Check it out yo!

And Homestar just couldn't hack it!-- I quit!

And Pom Pom wouldn't change at all 'cept he'd look like an ABA basketball...

...two three four

and this little weirdo

would be a modestly hot girl...

..to help me through the hard times... you know the kind that are only sorta hot so that they don't mess around with other guys!-- DaAaAa, I'm forever your girl!

cute!

trdisneyfan

I had this idea as an overlay for DL's now defunct People Mover (WDW's TTA), but it could be built from scratch if need be...

Make essentially a grown-up verison of the Buzz ride - a sort of large-scale laser tag or target shooting game on a moving track. The vehicles could shoot at targets mounted on top of the buildings around Tomorrowland and in the dark rides it passes through, or even at eachother if it was safe to do so (lasers, eyes, might be trouble).

For improved repeatability, the targets could be moved around once in a while, or completely hidden unless you already know where to look. Targets could be scored based on their size, distance from the shooter, and maybe additional points for moving/swinging targets.

I also think they could use the readily available technology used in Fastpass so that people could use their passports as registration cards and keep a running score during their stay (or over a longer period of time for AP'ers). Like on an arcade game, there could be a tally board near the ride's queue entrance monitoring the highest scoring participants - everyone could even come up with unique (albeit P.C.) handles/codenames, similar to the ones used on these boards. There could even be annual tournaments, maybe with awards and stuff...

Just an idea.

longfamily

Original Poster
I like that idea. My husband says it's pretty cool, maybe they could offer little prizes based on your scores at the end of the day :D

If I were an Imagineer the first thing I would do is pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming ;)

I would want to make a project I have dreamed of for years. A roller coaster based off of the Cave Of Wonders carpet flight from Aladdin. It would be an inside coaster with lots of blacklight effects of boulders falling down from above and glowing lava chasing you from behind. Lots of spins and corkscrews and the ride would end with Genie appearing as a flight attendant just like in the movie instructing you off the carpet.

Lynx04

626 said:
If I were an Imagineer the first thing I would do is pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming ;)
I would create my masterpiece then pinch myself. Why wake myself up pre-maturely. ;)

m star

626 said:
I would want to make a project I have dreamed of for years. A roller coaster based off of the Cave Of Wonders carpet flight from Aladdin. It would be an inside coaster with lots of blacklight effects of boulders falling down from above and glowing lava chasing you from behind. Lots of spins and corkscrews and the ride would end with Genie appearing as a flight attendant just like in the movie instructing you off the carpet.
Ooh, I like that idea. Maybe they could put it in Morrocco, to give World Showcase a thrill ride.

FigmentJedi

Bring Dreamfinder back to the Imagination pavillion and have the Dreamseekers from Tapestry of Dreams in a new 3D movie replacing HISTA.

DisneyFreak777

ooh ooh ooh ooh my turn...

I would build a ride themed off of monsters Inc.. It would be themd from the chase when they're (i think it was mike and sully) riding on the doors being chased by randal (i think). It would be a suspended coaster and the inside would look just like the big warehouse with the doors in it. The cars would look just like the doors and i think it would be cool to place this where 20k leagues was at. I've had an idea for this ever since the movie came out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom