If you could add a ViacomCBS IP to the Universal parks what would it be?

If you could add a ViacomCBS IP to the Universal parks what would it be?

• Total voters

lebeau

False...DC Rights are licensed and expire in 2025....

As much as I would like to see DC characters at a premium theme park, I have a hard time imagining them at Universal. Can you provide some back-up for this? I have to think there is a clause that allows Six Flags to renew. It would cost them a fair amount to retheme something like the Justice League dark ride. Even if the rights became available, I can't see Universal wanting to swap Marvel for DC. Marvel is more popular and DC would ask for more money. It would take a Comcast-AT&T-Time-Warner merger for that to make sense and that seems very unlikely even in our merger-crazy environment.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
As much as I would like to see DC characters at a premium theme park, I have a hard time imagining them at Universal. Can you provide some back-up for this? I have to think there is a clause that allows Six Flags to renew. It would cost them a fair amount to retheme something like the Justice League dark ride. Even if the rights became available, I can't see Universal wanting to swap Marvel for DC. Marvel is more popular and DC would ask for more money. It would take a Comcast-AT&T-Time-Warner merger for that to make sense and that seems very unlikely even in our merger-crazy environment.
I agree as a huge comic book fan I would love to see DC at Universal but it will probably not happen. It's way more likely we see Comcast and CBSViacom merge.

lebeau

I agree as a huge comic book fan I would love to see DC at Universal but it will probably not happen. It's way more likely we see Comcast and CBSViacom merge.
And even that doesn't seem especially likely. They are talking about pulling their resources to take on Disney+ in the streaming wars. An actual merge doesn't appear to be a serious consideration at this point. It's apparently been floated as a possibility but the focus is on streaming.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
And even that doesn't seem especially likely. They are talking about pulling their resources to take on Disney+ in the streaming wars. An actual merge doesn't appear to be a serious consideration at this point. It's apparently been floated as a possibility but the focus is on streaming.
Yeah that makes the most sense. It's definitely crazy how all of these mergers keep happening! 😂

trr1

it would be nice if they got the rights to Static Shock
1627070127878.png

OG Runner

I miss the days when I wasn't paying more than $200.00 a month for TV. (Yeah I know, I'm old ;))
More streaming services are not going to help.

lebeau

I miss the days when I wasn't paying more than $200.00 a month for TV. (Yeah I know, I'm old ;))
More streaming services are not going to help.
This would be LESS streaming services. It's the start of the inevitable consolidation as the losers in the streaming wars try to work together to compete with the winners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom