If Walt could come back

DisneyMemories

Original Poster
Do you think he would like the changes to the parks today? Rides? The company? Movies? Think he'd be pleased how visiting the parks (or Disney realated matter)are a must for us and other Disney fans so many years and years later? Just something I thought about reading the threads daily.:)

I think he'd be pleased his parks (USA) are rated #1 year after year and attandance is steady and growing.:sohappy:

Or what changes would he make? :shrug:

I have not read alot on Uncle Walt, but mant of you have and thought it make a interesting thread (or not :lookaroun)

Pioneer Hall

A question asked many times...and of course no one knows the answer. It would be a mix of emotions...probably happy to see what Disney has done to the world. At the same time though upset that his true dreams were never actually realized.

Kristamouse

I do not know much about Walt either. I only know what I have read here and scene on TV doc’s on WDW and Disneyland. That being said I would think that he would still be proud of the entire Disney Empire. It is making money, a priority for him from what I gather and it is still family oriented. While some specific dreams of his may not have been realized, e.g., EPCOT. The dream of family friendly parks is alive and well. His overall outlook and dreams are still working and working well. He left quite a legacy I believe overall it is something to be proud of and he would be proud.
Besides, he will probably be defrosted soon enough to tell…..

Fun2BFree

Unrelated comment, Fun are you getting up, being in the UK and all, or are you still up?

Yeah, I posted at about 10.00am local time, so I'd be up for a good few hours. We have much better sausages and bacon than you Americans, but I give an arm for a decent non-potato waffle. :lol:

Disneykidder

Great question. While no one person could ever predict the real answers, I'd hope he'd be happy. I think he'd be amazed at just how much his empire has grown from merchandise to movies to parks outside of the U.S. I am sure there would be things where he'd grimace at. His new suite in DL, I am sure he'd love that. I don't think he'd love the idea of the suite in Cinderella's castle in WDW, though. Too commercialized. I think he'd really love Animal Kingdom, as I have heard he was an avid animal lover. I'm sure he'd be proud at most and thankful that he is a household name. :)

Scooter

I know one thing that Walt would change if he came back.

He would insist that the gift shops in themed areas would contain themed merchandise.

Example: I doubt Mr Disney would be pleased to find a Mickey Mouse Toaster in a gift shop in Frontierland.

will341

I personally think that Walt would be happy with the way the parks have turned out. How could he not? Disney is a global empire and a household name..but again this is my opinion

maryszhi

I would think he would be happy and amazed to see what his company and parks evolved into. I think he wouldnt change anything, but he would prob. add stuff that he thought could better serve the park guests as well as spark imagination. I think walt is smiling in heaven to see that his legacy is still going strong and that the company and the parks will evolve as long as there is imagination and a little bit of pixie dust

radiohost

No doubt that Epcot would be a city of tomorrow instead of what it is today. His imagineers would have told him he was wrong..............but............it still would have been completed, WALTS WAY!!!

Radiohost:cool:

maryszhi

I agree...he prob. would have made sure prices went down so a more variety of people could come who other wise couldnt. he would have also added more variety of hotels. That way he would be happy that Everybody can come and share in the magic and make memories. I also think he would have expanded and out theme parks in more place. It would kinda be a smaller version of six flags. I also think he would be happy that disney doesnt make people pay to get fast passes, like a certain other theme park. That way everybody is able to get them

mcbates23

I'm sure he would look around at all the parks in the world and all the additions that have been made in the last 50 years and say "what took you so long."

Figment571

I know one thing that Walt would change if he came back.

He would insist that the gift shops in themed areas would contain themed merchandise.

Example: I doubt Mr Disney would be pleased to find a Mickey Mouse Toaster in a gift shop in Frontierland.

YESSSSS, YEEESSS!

That's one of my pet peeves.

hrcollectibles

He would First Say Why is it soo dark in here...lol
(That would be very muffled)
He'd aks how is apartment is doing.
Take a look at the profit of the Disney name.. Smile.. Sit back at his desk, kick his feet up and have a smoke..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom