If not Beauty & The Beast for New Fantasyland....what else?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I think most of us will agree that Beauty & The Beast is a great, classic Disney film and has always deserved to have a presence in the Magic Kingdom, but to be honest......I don't know that it deserved to have SO MUCH of a presence in the make-up of the New Fantasyland. The Be Our Guest restaurant with Beast's castle is a very welcome addition, and the idea of the magic mirror in the cabin whisking you away magically to the castle is very impressive. But Belle's Village with Gaston's Pub and the gift shop.....just seems a little like too much B&TB. I think New Fantasyland really could have been outstanding if the imagineers had perhaps considered taking more from the Peter Pan story into its development, like adding in a big chunk of Neverland. Peter Pan has always seemed (to me) far more in the realm of childlike fantasy and fun and wonder (and a natural fit for the Fantasyland ideal) than Beauty & The Beast. But anyway -- IF the Imagineers HAD opened it up to debate and discussion over which Disney animated tales you would have liked to have seen have a majority presence over New Fantasyland......what would you have chosen?

ImagineerDude

Hey, Disney(land/world) will never be complete ;)

I really love the BatB area more and more as I see pictures of the end product. One thing I think would be beneficial is a new facade for IASW because now Pooh, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Barnstormer, etc. all have proper facades and enterances. They could make IASW beautiful like DL's and really open up that area as well.

Disneyfann

If Epcot properly used the pavilion/character relationships they set up then this wouldn't be a problem. I'm tired of seeing the same things everywhere. At the moment we have belle prescence in 3 parks. Can we try and at least contain it to one park? I don't mind Mickey and the gang being spread, but its kind of odd having more than one attraction in seperate parks for one character....

luv

I'm glad they put BatB in there. My four favorite Disney movies are still the Mermaid, BatB, Aladdin and Lion King. I am very eager to see that restaurant.

And I'm thrilled Ariel is FINALLY getting something better than the puppet show. Well, I hope it is better, lol. Haven't seen it yet. Praying that it doesn't have screens. Heck, even if the ride sucks, Ariel deserved a ride and it is High Time she got one!

IMO, anyway.

Fantasmic

If you look at Philharmagic... the films it primarily contains are Lion King, BatB, Little Mermaid, Aladdin.
New Fantasyland is Batb and Little Mermaid....

These films were the iconic films of the generation of adults now, who have young "fantasyland" age children (if any) so in building new fantasyland, Disney are also catering for OUR generation (I am 30 and ALL those above, including herc/hunchback and pocahontas, are my CHILDHOOD films) and taking US back to our childhoods.

if that makes sense!

wiigirl

I would have loved Sleeping Beauty something. She has no true presence in WDW except for the Princess meet and greets.

Me too! :)
75.gif

SulleyanBoo

Personally, (I grew up in the last 80's and 90's) so Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid are my 2 absolute favorites. I could not be more thrilled about them being feautured in the New Fantasyland. That's just my opinion :)

Fable McCloud

I think Tangled could use a little more love, and The Princess and the Frog. Tiana deserves a restaurant in Liberty Square that serves delicious Louisiana foods.

Other than that I agree that a Neverland section would be fabulous, and I'm not even a huge Peter Pan fan. Wonderland (or more of it) could be cool too, like a hedge maze.

I know this is about FANTASYLAND.....but I think Adventureland could use some things. A pirate ship to explore, the Adventurer's Club Restaurant, 20,000 leagues, and maybe a cool Lion King or Aladdin themed ride.

bubbles1812

I agree with you on Peter Pan. I also think Tangled maybe should have had a little more then a bathroom. And Iove Lion King and Aladdin, and always will :D

Agreed. While Tangled is not my absolute fav (that honor goes to Belle and Ariel), I did enjoy it. And she is definitely the "it" princess of the moment and I'm guessing it could stay that way for quite a while. I guess that would explain the rumors that there is a Tangled show going in where B&B is currently at DHS. But I think an actual ride for it would be great.

For a really blue sky concept, not necessarily in Fantasyland, but I'm not sure where else it would really fit...I'd love to see a ride based on the Fab 5 (and if I'm really dreaming, the extended spectrum "classic" Disney cartoon characters.) Also something with the villains. I saw something written about a ride called "Villain Mountain" and simply fell in love with the concept. It would have been awesome as Disney has some truly great villains

cynic710

aladdin, though he seems more of a fit for adventureland.
lion king, though that needs its own land, if not the main show of animal kingdom.
so for me, peter pan seems the most fitting. imagine walking through neverland?!?

cynic710

Agreed. While Tangled is not my absolute fav (that honor goes to Belle and Ariel), I did enjoy it. And she is definitely the "it" princess of the moment and I'm guessing it could stay that way for quite a while. I guess that would explain the rumors that there is a Tangled show going in where B&B is currently at DHS. But I think an actual ride for it would be great.

For a really blue sky concept, not necessarily in Fantasyland, but I'm not sure where else it would really fit...I'd love to see a ride based on the Fab 5 (and if I'm really dreaming, the extended spectrum "classic" Disney cartoon characters.) Also something with the villains. I saw something written about a ride called "Villain Mountain" and simply fell in love with the concept. It would have been awesome as Disney has some truly great villains

disney villain mountain would be epic! you could be the hero in a world of anti-heros, what an attraction that would be..

Vader2112

I ahve to agree that Disney is trying to appeal tho the generation that greaw up in the 80s and 90s with it's additon. Tangled was a solid movie but has not endured the test of time yet. I would have to aslo agree that a Neverland themed area would be fantastic but could that fit into Adventureland as well? After all Peter and the Lost boys were all about adventure and treasure hunting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom