Ideas wanted for New Year's Eve

allieddance

Our family of 6 is planning to travel it WDW over New Year's Eve. I am interested in what other families have done during this holiday. Which park should we visit to ring in the New Year? And what's the best way to fight these crowds?

Mattore

I recommend you go to whatever park you like best. I've been in both MK and EPCOT on different new year's. Both were extremely crowded. If you want to 'avoid the crowds' you unforatunatly will probably have to avoid being in one of the 3 parks that is open, PI, and anything else like that.

However, even WITH the crowds, you can still have a great time. In fact, all the people make it even more exciting!

Upvote 0

allieddance

Original Poster
The crowds don't really bother us. Let's face it ... It's Disney World! I realize we are trying to go at a very popular time. I agree, New Year's is more festive with a crowd. I'm just wondering if there are any special events in any particular park planned for the occasion and which should we tackle with a family of four kids. They are old enough to stay up late, but obviously not able to go to PI. I hear there are some featured bands and artists at Epcot. Maybe we'll try there. Thanks for your advice.

Upvote 0

Maria

I spent NYE 98 in Epcot and had a great time. There was different entertaiment in each of the countries, for instance, in Japan there was a dj and a live band at American Adventure playing swing, and a lot of more things to see and dance to. The fireworks were great too! Happy New Year!!

One more thing: I am not sure how it is going to work this year, but I heard that last year and in 99, they closed the park at around 9:30am as it was already full... so ask GR to make sure and take your precautions... :xmasmile:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom