Ideas for FPs after my 3rd reservation

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
My family and I are going to Magic Kingdom on June 7th.

Our FPs are as follows -
Space Mountain (10:55am-11:55am)
Buzz Lightyear (12:05pm-1:05pm)
Jungle Cruise (1:50pm-2:50pm)

Based on what I've read, I can reserve a new FP+ after we use Jungle Cruise. Now, some questions:

1. What attractions are generally able around 1:45-2:00 in the afternoon?
  2. Which attractions should I shoot for to obtain the most FP+ reservations? (I've heard stories of some people getting 8-12 FP+ reservations in a single day for MK!)
  3. Will the app let me see available reservation times for everything?
By 2:00pm
We'll hopefully have done:
  1. Peter Pan
  2. IASW
  3. Mermaid
  4. Pooh
  5. PeopleMover
  6. Space Mountain
  7. Laugh Floor/Stitch/CoP (just as a filler between Space and Buzz)
  8. Buzz
  9. Lunch
  10. Jungle Cruise
They don't want to do M&Gs, and we're saving re-rides until after we've gotten back around to Fantasyland in order to avoid too much backtracking.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks :)

NYwdwfan

In my experience Peter Pan has a longer wait than Jungle Cruise - so if it were me - I would try getting a FP for Pan before Space Mountain. Then you would be done with FPs and able to book new ones earlier. Also - what worked for me - check in at your first FP and once you are checked in but still while on line try to move the 2nd one earlier. Then while on line for the 2nd, try to move the 3rd one earlier. We were able to use 3 FPs in a little over an hour in this manner, then go to the kiosk for #4. Go with whatever is available that you haven't ridden yet. Ride. Repeat. :D

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
In my experience Peter Pan has a longer wait than Jungle Cruise - so if it were me - I would try getting a FP for Pan before Space Mountain. Then you would be done with FPs and able to book new ones earlier. Also - what worked for me - check in at your first FP and once you are checked in but still while on line try to move the 2nd one earlier. Then while on line for the 2nd, try to move the 3rd one earlier. We were able to use 3 FPs in a little over an hour in this manner, then go to the kiosk for #4. Go with whatever is available that you haven't ridden yet. Ride. Repeat. :D
Thank you! The only thing with Pan is that we're riding it as the first attraction of our day. We want to do all 4 dark rides in Fantasyland first, since SDMT will have far too long of a wait until 10pm or so.

Jungle Cruise seems to have a 50-60 min wait every time I look at the Wait Times app.

So there's generally earlier times available for all attractions even less than a week in advance?

NYwdwfan

Thank you! The only thing with Pan is that we're riding it as the first attraction of our day. We want to do all 4 dark rides in Fantasyland first, since SDMT will have far too long of a wait until 10pm or so.

Jungle Cruise seems to have a 50-60 min wait every time I look at the Wait Times app.

So there's generally earlier times available for all attractions even less than a week in advance?

It's hard to say what availability will be - I would just keep checking as people are tweaking their plans at this point and you may see something open up. When I am there (generally February or November over the past few years), Pan generally has the longest wait of any ride in the park (aside from 7DMT) so we always FP that (although they do have the new line queue so there's a silver lining if you need to wait a while).

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
It's hard to say what availability will be - I would just keep checking as people are tweaking their plans at this point and you may see something open up. When I am there (generally February or November over the past few years), Pan generally has the longest wait of any ride in the park (aside from 7DMT) so we always FP that (although they do have the new line queue so there's a silver lining if you need to wait a while).
The problem with Peter Pan is that the earliest time is 5:15pm. Generally, from my experience, if you do Peter Pan right at park opening, the line is 5-10 minutes. PP, IASW, Mermaid and Pooh only take an hour at park opening, whereas from 11am-8pm, it would take 3-3.5 hrs to do all 4.

POTC and HM are possibilities since my mom doesn't really do thrill rides. We got Space Mountain since it's on the way to Tomorrowland and she really wants to do Buzz and the PeopleMover.

What three rides would you suggest I shift my FP+ to? Splash is something we're considering for a nighttime ride unless we can somehow snag a FP for mid-afternoon after the 3rd FP.

I moved up some times
Space: 10:05
Buzz: 11:20
Jungle: 12:40

If I move my FP to IASW or HM at 9:00, will there still be Jungle Cruise reservations by 11:30am that day? Hopefully for a 1:30-2:30 window? The possible rain makes me nervous about reserving JC.

JasonDeyoung

My family and I are going to Magic Kingdom on June 7th.

Our FPs are as follows -
Space Mountain (10:55am-11:55am)
Buzz Lightyear (12:05pm-1:05pm)
Jungle Cruise (1:50pm-2:50pm)

Based on what I've read, I can reserve a new FP+ after we use Jungle Cruise. Now, some questions:

1. What attractions are generally able around 1:45-2:00 in the afternoon?
  2. Which attractions should I shoot for to obtain the most FP+ reservations? (I've heard stories of some people getting 8-12 FP+ reservations in a single day for MK!)
  3. Will the app let me see available reservation times for everything?
By 2:00pm
We'll hopefully have done:
  1. Peter Pan
  2. IASW
  3. Mermaid
  4. Pooh
  5. PeopleMover
  6. Space Mountain
  7. Laugh Floor/Stitch/CoP (just as a filler between Space and Buzz)
  8. Buzz
  9. Lunch
  10. Jungle Cruise
They don't want to do M&Gs, and we're saving re-rides until after we've gotten back around to Fantasyland in order to avoid too much backtracking.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks :)
Well, I was there two weeks ago and had the similar question. I used my 3 at Epcot and went to mk around 3pm. I went to the FP+ kiosk at city hall and to my surprise everything was available minus the mine train. A few of them
we're for later that day, but I went with HM which was available at the current time so walked right on. Did BTM next and pirates then left. Good luck! Sure you'll have some good choices

NYwdwfan

The problem with Peter Pan is that the earliest time is 5:15pm. Generally, from my experience, if you do Peter Pan right at park opening, the line is 5-10 minutes. PP, IASW, Mermaid and Pooh only take an hour at park opening, whereas from 11am-8pm, it would take 3-3.5 hrs to do all 4.

POTC and HM are possibilities since my mom doesn't really do thrill rides. We got Space Mountain since it's on the way to Tomorrowland and she really wants to do Buzz and the PeopleMover.

What three rides would you suggest I shift my FP+ to? Splash is something we're considering for a nighttime ride unless we can somehow snag a FP for mid-afternoon after the 3rd FP.

I moved up some times
Space: 10:05
Buzz: 11:20
Jungle: 12:40

I can never get my kids out of bed and to the park when it opens! I'd say keep the FPs for the rides you definitely want to get on, no matter what. Then whatever else you can squeeze in is a bonus. It's less than a week out so the app should be a pretty good indicator of the wait times - so see what's longest and keep checking back for availability. I'm guessing this is your first FP+ trip - it's actually a lot easier to navigate than it seems - and I actually thought it worked out really well and we got on everything we wanted to.

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
Well, I was there two weeks ago and had the similar question. I used my 3 at Epcot and went to mk around 3pm. I went to the FP+ kiosk at city hall and to my surprise everything was available minus the mine train. A few of them
we're for later that day, but I went with HM which was available at the current time so walked right on. Did BTM next and pirates then left. Good luck! Sure you'll have some good choices
Oh really? Well then I'll try and set up a 9:00am one for either HM or IASW. That way by 11:15-11:20, I can set up more!

Thank you for the tip!

I just want to try and get the numerous FP+ reservations I've heard stories about.

NYwdwfan

Oh really? Well then I'll try and set up a 9:00am one for either HM or IASW. That way by 11:15-11:20, I can set up more!

Thank you for the tip!

I just want to try and get the numerous FP+ reservations I've heard stories about.

The earlier the initial FPs are, especially if you can move them earlier on the fly, the more you can get later in the day. Have a great trip - you've got me thinking about the rides and I'm getting a little antsy to go back!!

JasonDeyoung

Thank you for the tip!

Yeah it's honestly hit and miss. I normally set up the 3 I want the most for night time if I go to mk and go at rope drop when there's no lines. But I also leave during the afternoon usually. Some don't like doing it that way because they can't get more. If you plan on spending the whole day at mk with no breaks etc I'd def make them for early as possible then. You got hopefully a lot of options through out the rest if the day.

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
I would set Jungle Cruise for 9:00am, but that would make for quite a trek to Peter Pan, IASW, Mermaid and Pooh later on!

As long as Jungle Cruise has something available for the early afternoon (12pm-3pm) by 11:00am on the day the park's open, I should be fine :) it has a 55 min wait right now, which tempts me to keep the FP.

Yes, we are staying until 10pm-12pm that day.

JasonDeyoung

I would set Jungle Cruise for 9:00am, but that would make for quite a trek to Peter Pan, IASW, Mermaid and Pooh later on!

As long as Jungle Cruise has something available for the early afternoon (12pm-3pm) by 11:00am on the day the park's open, I should be fine :) it has a 55 min wait right now, which tempts me to keep the FP.

Yes, we are staying until 10pm-12pm that day.
Jungle cruise wait will start going up my guess due to pirates closing next week till September

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
Jungle cruise wait will start going up my guess due to pirates closing next week till September
Pirates won't be open June 7th? :(.. never mind.

So I changed my first FP to Mermaid. That way, my family and I can get the 4 dark rides done by roughly 10am (the time when Space Mountain starts) and possibly adjust Buzz forward so all 3 can possibly be used up by 11am.

Attractions I'm leaning towards for the other FP+ reservations
Jungle Cruise (got as high as 70 min yesterday)
HM (gets 50 min waits)
POTC (40-45 min waits)
Splash (obvious)
Big Thunder (obvious)

Forecast says 48% chance of rain by 5pm so Jungle Cruise is either early afternoon or late evening. HM and POTC seem like attractions that would have FPs steadily available all day so one of the two is probably a great choice!

Would Splash or Big Thunder have FPs during the early/mid afternoon around 11:15am?

Smaller experiences I'm considering for later that evening:
Dumbo
Mad Tea Party
Carousel
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Barnstormer
Speedway
Laugh Floor

Last edited:

habuma

Also - what worked for me - check in at your first FP and once you are checked in but still while on line try to move the 2nd one earlier. Then while on line for the 2nd, try to move the 3rd one earlier. We were able to use 3 FPs in a little over an hour in this manner, then go to the kiosk for #4. Go with whatever is available that you haven't ridden yet. Ride. Repeat. :D

This is a hugely valuable technique. We've used it very successfully before. The only thing that I *think* you must do is wait until you get past the 2nd FP checkin point in the queue. I don't think you can do it before the 2nd checkin point. But I'm willing to be corrected on this, if anyone has a different experience.

NYwdwfan

This is a hugely valuable technique. We've used it very successfully before. The only thing that I *think* you must do is wait until you get past the 2nd FP checkin point in the queue. I don't think you can do it before the 2nd checkin point. But I'm willing to be corrected on this, if anyone has a different experience.

I'm trying to think - we rode Pooh and went to the carousel and I moved the HM fastpass earlier while riding the carousel (and trying not to puke - I can't read in the car either). When we went to HM I changed it earlier while waiting to go into the stretch room, near the Leota grave. So both times were after the 2nd checkpoint. I am guessing I must have moved Buzz after the second checkpoint as well - it's so hard to remember - but I think I did so I will say yes I agree with you!

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
To be honest, I doubt I'd be able to get an earlier reservation for Space Mountain the day of, anyways! Plus, we figured doing all 4 Fantasyland dark rides at once would last until roughly 10:00-10:05. I will definitely attempt to move up Buzz though! If we can get the Buzz FP to start at 10:30-10:40, that would be great! I read online that Buzz is one of the attractions that almost always has multiple FPs available.

Out of all of these, which order would you prioritize the necessity for a FP+ reservation? Assuming I can get an earlier time for Buzz? I don't want to get a FP for a re-ride of anything until we've gotten back and done the non-dark rides in Fantasyland.
  1. Jungle Cruise
  2. POTC
  3. HM
  4. Big Thunder
  5. Splash
  6. Speedway
  7. Dumbo
  8. Barnstormer
  9. Mad Tea Party
  10. M&Gs (any)
  11. Laugh Floor
  12. Carousel
  13. Magic Carpets
Obviously, stuff like the Magic Carpets and Laugh Floor would essentially be a waste. But what order would you put them? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom