Trip Report Ice cream, BTMRR challenge and a Magical time .....Completed

Hi and welcome.

I’ve been home from our trip a week now and the cold, wet UK weather is depressing me so I’m going to get this TR started.

For those of you who have joined me before you’ll know I’m a bit mad on Disney - like everyone here I know but I literally just can’t get enough and really absorb every second of my time in the world. I also insist on ice cream every day when on holiday so expect ice cream photos along the way.

So the details.....

Myself and my husband Chris

8414C9DF-3D1D-44DA-8A4E-30759B72973F.jpeg

This was our 23rd visit to the world with all stays being 14 days or more with the exception of our special bonus March trip this year. It had been 229 days since I stepped out of the world and I was so ready to go back.

We left on the UK on 7th November and were scheduled to leave America on 21st November - (more on that Later as there were a few bumps along the way)

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (home) - all trips to Disney except my extra March trip have been here. I love Riverside, it’s just so peaceful after hectic days in the park and it had been a whole year since I had been here.

Isn’t it beautiful?

6649F0C1-62B1-4E74-AA80-D937D3FC157D.jpeg

And as for the rest of the TR title those of you who follow @Tuvalu TR’s will know she tags me in the BTMRR pictures. We both have a love for the ride and I curiously asked her how many times in a year she thinks she rides. So we’ve been counting and having a friendly challenge even though I thought I would never stand a change of winning it’s going to be fun to see how it turns out.

I managed to get an additional trip in this year during March and ended that trip on 7 rides (so maybe there was hope for me to win). @Tuvalu is there now though and is currently on 18 rides for the year........ So how many did I end up at?

So let’s get this started.......

Longers

Original Poster
I'm sorry that you missed the funeral, but glad you at least got to pay your respects. Delays are really no fun! Especially for international flights! (We had a 7 hour delay on our first trip with the kids, going home and we missed our connection and they stuck us on a bus instead of another flight. Worst. Trip. Ever.) I'm glad you have something to look forward to, though!!

It could have been worse I guess and this was the first time we’ve had issues with virgin.
Your delay sounds far worse too. And with children that can be no fun.

I really enjoyed your trip report! You guys look like you had a blast with the BTMRR challenge and plussing up to annual passes! Well done there!!

I loved your ice cream collage at the end - you should make that into a poster and hang it at work for those dreary days when you need a burst of joy! 😄

Thank you for reading and I’m liking the idea of a poster for my office I might just print something off.

Longers

Original Poster
So planning for my March trip has started.

The planner has started, the hotel for the night before and Gatwick airport parking has been booked - we did August why we were there too!

One thing we realised (about 2 weeks after being home) was that we might have made Aug planning harder as with the AP we can only book 30 days in advance and only 1 day at a time.
All the others in our party will be able to book the whole 13 days 30 days out.

Being offsite both in March and Aug means I am planning differently as I won’t want to be trying to go to AK to queue FOP if there are EMH’s in the morning.

I’ve told my family I’m going in March as research for staying off site with them. The things I do to make sure they have a great trip.

I do like a challenge but this will clearly need a lot of planning.
Maybe an Aug pre TR might be in order.

Thanks again for reading and following along on our trip.

krause

One thing we realised (about 2 weeks after being home) was that we might have made Aug planning harder as with the AP we can only book 30 days in advance and only 1 day at a time.

I don't know anything about booking when being an AP, but when you stay off-site you can only book FP 30 days out and 1 day at a time, and the rest of your family will be staying off-site too right? So then it will be the same? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I think :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I don't know anything about booking when being an AP, but when you stay off-site you can only book FP 30 days out and 1 day at a time, and the rest of your family will be staying off-site too right? So then it will be the same? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I think :happy:
All offsite guests can only book FPs at 30 days, one day at a time. (This applies to your family, @Longers.)
AP holders staying offsite also have the above restriction with an additional caveat: AP holders can only have 7 days of booked FPs at a time...which means you can book your first week, but will have to use your FPs from Day 1 before you can book Day 8. Day 2 FPs will need to be used before you can book Day 9 and so on.
So yes, your family has the ability to secure all 13 days of FPs before arrival, but you and Chris need to wait until you’re on vacation to book FPs for the second week.

Longers

Original Poster
All offsite guests can only book FPs at 30 days, one day at a time. (This applies to your family, @Longers.)
AP holders staying offsite also have the above restriction with an additional caveat: AP holders can only have 7 days of booked FPs at a time...which means you can book your first week, but will have to use your FPs from Day 1 before you can book Day 8. Day 2 FPs will need to be used before you can book Day 9 and so on.
So yes, your family has the ability to secure all 13 days of FPs before arrival, but you and Chris need to wait until you’re on vacation to book FPs for the second week.

Yes that’s what i thought - I know we are all 30 days out but we will only have 7 days when we arrive everyone else will have 13 - should be interesting - on another note I don’t think we will all want to go on the same ride at the same time so we might be able to mix and match. We’ll see!

Gurt

Another fantastic trip report im already looking forward to your March trip will the BTMR challenge continue this year, if not you clearly need an ice cream challenge with someone

disneyworlddad

And so my trip comes to an end.
We had a great time as always and became AP’s

We ate several different ice creams

View attachment 339210

And only last night we booked another trip!

We will be back on 8th March for 7 nights to see F&G again.

I need to see if my butterfly is ok......

We’ll be staying offsite as I think I need to get into training for Aug in our villa with the family.

Disney is my happy place.
Yes it’s expensive but I don’t drink or smoke.

It’s the place myself and Chris get to spend time together away from work and busy life.

Life is too short so you have to live it.

So live it I will.

Thanks for following along

Aww shucks I'm just going to miss you in March!

Longers

Original Poster
Another fantastic trip report im already looking forward to your March trip will the BTMR challenge continue this year, if not you clearly need an ice cream challenge with someone

Thank you and I am looking forward to March too - it’s so cold today I need some sunshine.
And no I think the BTMRR challenge is over for this year. An ice cream challenge is right up my street though.

Aww shucks I'm just going to miss you in March!

Ah such a shame - have a fab time on your trip.

Longers

Original Poster
So sad I will just miss you in March but I do hope you have a fabulous time!! :inlove:

I did wonder if you would be there so we could say hello again. I was only looking at my March pictures again last night!

I am sad we won’t meet again - enjoy your trip too - who are you going with this time?

becca_

I did wonder if you would be there so we could say hello again. I was only looking at my March pictures again last night!

I am sad we won’t meet again - enjoy your trip too - who are you going with this time?
I'm going with GJ again & my mom is meeting us there halfway through the trip :)

wdwfamilynh

Really, really late here, but I just finished binge-reading your TR and it helped my Disney-depression!
After our wildest ride in the wilderness we headed to our HM FP and then headed to Mickey’s Philharmagic - those of you who know me well know I do the “everybody look left” “everybody look right” actions while watching this.
My husband and I do that, too, and we love the champagne corks popping during the “Be Our Gest” segment. :geek:

Friday 9th Nov - day 2
How do you manage to hold on to the camera on those rides?

This hippos was putting on quite a show and had quite an audience.
I would have loved to see that!

I remember that! The parks were so much quieter back then!

I’m convinced I have got ill this year on both holidays as it’s been such a busy year at work I haven’t stopped. I started to wind down and bam it hit me - there’s a lesson there don’t work so hard next year!
Agreed :happy:

I love this ride - it just makes me feel good and I am afraid I am one of those annoying people who sings!
I was anti-Frozen on my last trip and did not get to ride. Since then, I have fallen in love with it, so I'll be singing at full volume next trip :inlove:

We then stopped at France for a croissant and a meringue - for years we never stopped here and now we can’t stop.
Stopping by France just for the pastries on our next trip is all I can think about!

We took a full tour around Wa stopping to look at some of the festival of the holiday merchandise and found this which we thought summed up things pretty well.

View attachment 335449
I love this sign! What shop was it in?

Longers

Original Poster
Really, really late here, but I just finished binge-reading your TR and it helped my Disney-depression!

My husband and I do that, too, and we love the champagne corks popping during the “Be Our Gest” segment. :geek:

How do you manage to hold on to the camera on those rides?

I would have loved to see that!

I remember that! The parks were so much quieter back then!

Agreed :happy:

I was anti-Frozen on my last trip and did not get to ride. Since then, I have fallen in love with it, so I'll be singing at full volume next trip :inlove:

Stopping by France just for the pastries on our next trip is all I can think about!

I love this sign! What shop was it in?

Thanks for reading. Disney depression is the worst! I think it’s an actual illness.I’m glad I could help out.
I’m so pleased there are others doing look left, look right - we’ve never seen anyone else do it but maybe one day.
I’m sorry i’ve made you think of pastries - they were super nice but not as good as my ice creams.
I think the sign you mention was in a pop up shop around world showcase (I can’t see the picture in your quote but I think that might be what you are talking about) it was for festival of the holidays as I have never seen it before.
And sing your heart out - Disney is a magical place for everyone to enjoy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom