ice chests in parks

mrb

Original Poster
what size ice chests are allowed in parks? What is the best size to bring? what type of items to pack in them?

crazygirley

You can't bring a huge cooler, if that is what you are asking, and you can't bring in food...unless they don't see it. But no coolers.

mwitkus

if you can justify the need for a small cooler - dietary or medical restrictions or something along those lines - they will allow you to bring one in... but i think you are supposed to be able to fit it into one of the lockers... you aren't supposed to carry it around (as if you would want to)

Dwarful

We took in small snack items in the backpack we had with us for the children and no one said a word to us about it when we went through security. Mostly it was things like fruit snacks, goldfish crackers, raisins etc for the 2yr old. Things to keep her happy while waiting in long lines that type of thing. I imagine you could get by w/a small soft sided cooler bag if you wanted/needed one. I wouldn't bother trying to bring in a days worth of drinks or anything, more work/energy to haul the thing around, this is a vacation and something's are worth the price of convenience

Yellow Shoes

I'm almost positive you have to be able to carry the cooler--nothing on wheels.

(somewhere--probably here--I read that anything on wheels has to be pushed rather than pulled. Therefore, wagons are not allowed--kids must be in strollers)

If you must have a cooler, bring one small enough to put in a locker. You can put a bottle or two in a backpack.

If it were me, I would get water bottle holders at home or WDW, and refill bottles through the day. Bring Kool-Aid, instant tea, etc, to make Orlando tap water drinkable.

PS--you know you can't bring in alcohol, right??

BRER STITCH

With the exception of weapons, cans or glass bottles, I've found that if you can fit it into a backpack, then it's probably OK to carry in!

Snacks, plastic Water Bottles, changes of clothes, etc., are all OK!

I keep a cooler stocked with ice in the Hotel room and pack some water bottles in there each night before going to bed.
An insulated water bottle carrier will keep them cold for along time in the parks.

TIP: Wider-mouthed plastic bottles (like bicycle sport bottles) will even allow you to pack them with ice cubes which in turn will keep your extra water bottle cold in your backpack! Just be sure to seal them well in a plastic zip-lock bag to keep the inside of your backpack dry when condensation sets in!

:cool:

Testtrack321

Coolers are frowned upon at Disney. Don't bring them no matter the size or content, they will just cause headaches. Drinks in bottles outside of the cooler are sometimes allowed, but don't have your bets placed on it. I would not recomend brining a cooler to the parks for various reasons such as where to put it, spoiling, time & effort to deal with it, etc.

Pioneer Hall

You are not allowed to bring coolers in to the theme parks, but they are allowed in to the water parks as long as you DON'T BRING IN ANY GLASS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom