I wanna goto Anaheim!

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I need suggestions...

I've decided I want to visit the place that started it all.. and DCA too ;)

I haven't the foggiest how to go about this though.. Any suggested sites or sources?

I don't need tickets, I have a Main Gate.. I doubt I'll stay on property, never have at WDW and would rather be off property so I can explore some.

What airport would I be flying into from FL? LAX? How far away is that really?

I've never even traveled before.. the top tourist destination is a day trip away for me, ya know? I don't even know if i'm old enough to rent a car.. taxi or something similar would be extortionate from the airport to the hotel, no?

I wanna go mid-october. It has to be cheapish. I can survive a crummy room. I just want a bed and a door that locks and I'm happy.

I managed to find not too expensive airfare. Never flown before.. another new experience :)

So umm.. help away :)

-Rob

Lhriangel

Look into Disney discounts at surrounding hotels. I have friends that went to Anaheim while on the CP and got hotel rooms for something like 20 dollars a night!! I think flying there is another airport you can fly into but the name escapes me at the moment, although it's probally cheaper to fly into LAX.

Definately do Pirates (so different), small world (ditto), matterhorn, etc. DCA is great but I think the hyperion may be black when you want to visit ... I don't know when the Alladin show is scheduled to start. Definately go to the Blue Bayou for dinner or lunch.... hmm.. see DEP. That's my advice :).

DLMAGICDARREN

Originally posted by RobFL

What airport would I be flying into from FL? LAX? How far away is that really?

-Rob

LAX is the biggest airport nearby, but the closest is John Wayne Airport in Orange County. Ontario Airport is also nearby.

LAX is about 33 miles from Disneyland, Ontario airport is about 34 miles, John Wayne Airport is about 12 miles away the closest. Just go with the best fare.

westie

Rob, you fly into orange co. Anywhere else and its 90 min. drive. Transpo is everywhere. Your taxi should take 20 min. DCA is pretty cool no matter what these doubters say. For me, I love to look for the differences. PoC CA has two drops compared to FL's one drop. The architecture, food, women, you name it.

Never flown before? Is that some bs or what?. Not staying on property huh? Anyway, there are more hotels arround DL then a hookers convention could fill. Time of year should be uneventful.

I say let her rip, have a good time, and if I weren't heading for FL, I'd meet you there!

JLW11Hi

Never flown before, eh? Now you get to see what us "out-of-towners" have to go through! :D

I'd say Disneyland is about an hour south of LAX. Are you going anywhere else in the LA area besides DL? When I go in November, we are planning to see some of Hollywood, too. (We are in the process of getting some tickets to Jay Leno! Keep you fingers crossed!)

The last time I went to LA was awesome. It was like 1994, or so, and my memory is foggy, but we did Universal, Disneyland, Knotts, tour of the Disney Studios, Hollywood, and even got to stop by a beach for a bit. (Dont ask me how we did all this in a week!) We actually got to go to the Rosie O Donell show being taped at Universal, and that was awesome. If you like that stuff, Id suggest searching for some tickets, like at AudiencesUnlimited.com.

But if you are just going to do Disneyland, I'd think youd catch on how to do things once you get there. It seems to be a very compact WDW, everything in walking distance!

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I suffered the reality of checking out air fares and hotel rpices and such...

I think my trip has been delayed indefinately :( With or without my brand spanky new credit card ;)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom