I NEVER want Fantasmic to leave WDW - anyone else?

minniemouseuk

Original Poster
Fantasmic is not only the best thing I have ever seen at WDW, but also the best thing I've ever seen anywhere :)

I never ever want it to leave MGM Studios, even though, I know it has to some day :(

I honestly feel that the first trip to WDW WITHOUT Fantasmic will not be quite the same, as I love it sooo much.

Does anyone else feel as strongly for this attraction as me? That they wish it would stay in MGM forever?

Lara

iluvstitch

I love Fantasmic, too! My bf saw it for the first time this past July, and his jaw just dropped when they started the projections on the water. I don't think they are getting rid of it anytime soon, though.

minniemouseuk

Original Poster
For me, the best part is when Mickey appears at the top of the mountain in his Sorcerer costume. I literally cried the last time I saw it, thinking it may be the last time I'll ever see it .

Even listening to the soundtrack gets me :lol:

It also started a bit of an obsession of buying any merchandise on which he's in that outfit, not to mention plush, etc.

Some imagination, huh?

1disneydood

When they get rid of Fantasmic, why not remove ToT as well. Then I'll have absolutely NO reason to go to MGM. :snore:

[/sarcasm]

se8472

ahhh yes I love that show too...I really love all these shows and wish they never went away.

Wishes!

Spectroman2003

I had an annua pass for December 01 to March 03. Throught that time we never used it to go to see Fantasmic! Our last day for our passes, we were like let's go see Fantasmic. I got a new annual pass for 04 just for Fantasmic. I absolutely love this show, as you can tell from my avator:D . I agree that it's not going anywhere soon, although the Pochahontas part is a little iffy.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by TAC

Questions: What happened to the two jugglers during pre-show? There seems to be no pre-show entertainment except for "the wave." I remember when the two jugglers where there. ROFL! They even had everyone do the "wave" with the flashes on our cameras.

Why don't they have a second exit to the amphitheatre? One, for safely reasons. Two, to allow people who just want to exit the park, the ability to do so.

The pre-show got canned a few years back when Disney was suffering low attendance, and it never returned.

The whole Fantasmic stadium turned into a bit of a mess in terms of crowd flow. Apparently it was designed by some wing of WDI who didnt really know what they are doing, and its regarded by many at WDI as a complete mess.

civileng68

Account Suspended
funny

Originally posted by 1disneydood
When they get rid of Fantasmic, why not remove ToT as well. Then I'll have absolutely NO reason to go to MGM. :snore:

[/sarcasm]

It's so funny you mention that! I feel the same way! If they get rid of Fantasmic! then I hope they get rid of TOT just so that I don't feel tempted to spend two hours at the park just for that ride.

Also "sarcasm filled".

xfkirsten

Originally posted by minniemouseuk
For me, the best part is when Mickey appears at the top of the mountain in his Sorcerer costume. I literally cried the last time I saw it, thinking it may be the last time I'll ever see it .

Even listening to the soundtrack gets me :lol:

It also started a bit of an obsession of buying any merchandise on which he's in that outfit, not to mention plush, etc.

Some imagination, huh?

Haha! The exact same thing happened to me! I have a very large Sorcerer Mickey collection now!

I make it a point to catch Fantasmic every time I go to DL, even if it means climbing onto a bench in Frontierland to watch. :p

-Kirsten

AkEverestAK

i think its a wonderful show, but i have only made time for it once in 6 vacations.
I didnt think it was that great but i am also not a show fan. I understand MGM is all about shows, but thrills and themeing are my cup of tea. :)

dont get mad when i say i dont really like it, but i wouldnt mind if it left. (which it never will) i think MGM needs to think about replacing some shows (indy) and put rides in.

Sir Hiss527

Awesome Show....I hope as well, they never get rid of it. Maybe, you guys will be seeing me in the show sometime soon. But all good things eventually come to an end. Kind of weird though, that I'm listening to the music...right now.

Legacy

The show as a whole, I hope never leaves (concievably).

As is, I think it could do with some updates right about now. Specifically, I wish they would change the Pocahontis segment into something more recent. I also want to see Brother Bear and Stitch play a part within the story, besides just being on the ferry at the end.

1stStarIC2nite

I absolutley love Fantasmic!!! I think it's the best firework show on propperty... and I just love all of the special effects and the music is outstanding!! I would never ever want to see this show leave... the only thing I can think of is them upgrading it or something.. but still keeping the name. :D

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Legacy
The show as a whole, I hope never leaves (concievably).

As is, I think it could do with some updates right about now. Specifically, I wish they would change the Pocahontis segment into something more recent. I also want to see Brother Bear and Stitch play a part within the story, besides just being on the ferry at the end.

I do agree on that part. Aftere seeing DL's Fantasmic many many times, the Pocahontas scene comes across as sort of a cop-out. I, personally, would love to see it turned into a PotC sequence, using a ship that looks like the Black Pearl, and run similarly to DL's Peter Pan scene.

-Kirsten

bartman454

Me personally I've never been a huge fan of Fantasmic, i dont think its an awful show but it could use some changes such as cutting down on the water screens (Near the end of the show I feel like i'm staring at them forever) also they could definitely change the Pocahontas scene as it doesnt look very good to me, it might be a cool idea to add in some other Disney movies ala pirates and some general effects enhancements. I know though from the crowds they get every night that i am very much in the minority here. My favorite effects show is Illuminations.

mledieff

F!

Um ... I don't want to offend anyone but! The Fantasmic show at MGM is not half at good as the one at Disneyland. I could do with out MGM's version forever!!!

surfsupdon

Saw Fantasmic once, and the entire family was incredibly unimpressed. We assumed it was more of a fireworks show instead of a movie, so that led to the major dissapointment. At least you guys can rest assured that my family will not be hogging four seats that you would all appreciate more. So enjoy!:wave:

imagineer boy

I really do like the show, but I think it needs some many changes. Bad. The bubble scene is soooooo long. Too long. Not to mention that the Pochahorrible scene must go. It's just such a lame and poorly done scene. I think they should replace it with somthing like Beauty and the Beast scene. Like maybe like right after the Pyro effect you could see Gaston and the angry villagers with torches and pitchforks. Gaston says that they should kill the beast and it shows a fight scene with the villagers and the climactic scene between Gaston and the Beast. After Gaston falls to his death, the beast meets up with belle and that moves onto the princess scene.

xfkirsten

Re: F!

Originally posted by mledieff
Um ... I don't want to offend anyone but! The Fantasmic show at MGM is not half at good as the one at Disneyland. I could do with out MGM's version forever!!!

I totally agree with you about DL's being better. It just feels "bigger" to me. Grander. Especially in the aforementioned Pocahontas vs. Peter Pan, and again in the finale when WDW uses the dinky Steamboat Willie and DL uses the giant Mark Twain! Especially if you're sitting right along the water... it all feels immense!

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom