I need peoples opinion on going to WDW for New Years

travisopera

Happy Chrishanuawanzadon!!
I have just booked a vacation with my family to go to WDW from Dec. 30 to Jan 3. I have a few questions. First, am I crazy for doing that? Second, how are the crowds (I heard that they where expecting dangerously low attendence)? Third, How is the Animal Kingdom Lodge (I booked a Savanna room)? And Finaly, where is the best place to go to welcome baby New Year?

Thanks alot,
travisopera

Pioneer Hall

Well you are going to have to battle crowds. No matter how low they predict attendance, it will be busy. Remember low on New Years just means maybe not having to shut the parks due to attendance. It will be very crowded.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

Don't worry about the crowds. Just go and have fun. If the crowds are bad, just plan your day and make use of the fastpass system. As far as where to welcome the New Year, Pleasure Island will most likely have a big party going. Also depending on park hours, you may catch a celebration at the Magic Kingdom. If you are at EPCOT on the 3rd, my wife and I will be diving in the Living Seas at about 5:15 - 5:30pm! Have a great time.

Upvote 0

Michael72688

The AK Lodge is amazing! (great choice) the crowds, well?? they'll be there and my personal favorite place to ring in the new year would be Epcot, and see Illuminations at 11:40 as it goes all the way and past midnight! HAVE FUN!!!

Upvote 0

Sean23

I have been to Epcot the last 4 NYE and have always had fun. The crowds will be there but I have never seen crowds like NYE 1999. The colder the better if you want the crowds to be less, I went the following year after NYE 1999 and the weather was like 20 with the wind chill and the crowds were much less.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

DO YA WANNA DANCE???

Where to spend the actual "start of the New Year" (ie. midnight) would also have to take into account what you want to be doing at that time.

You can go to a park and watch fireworks....be having a romantic candle light dinner in a resort restaurant...or there's my personal fave for welcoming in 2003: Dancing and partying the night away at Pleasure Island with the B-52s and Joan Jett! (check the PI entertainment schedule to be sure!) How can a place that celebrates NYE EVERY night NOT know what they are doing?? HAHA!

:king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom