I need input Contemporary vs Ft. Wild. Cabin

aTmfan

Any input would help, please. We are going to stay at the Contemporary or in a Ft. Wilderness Cabin (approx. same price from the codes we are using). My main question is: Is the convenience of monorail (Contemporary) more important than a little extra room, room amenities and a little more quiet (Ft. Wilderness Cabin)? Any pros and cons from either place that would help me decide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

roysta123

It is definately worth staying at the Contemporary for the monorail. You can be at the MK in 10 min. and EPCOT in about 20. If you are planning on eating meals in the room then the Cabin is your better bet. Rooms at the Contemporary are pretty good size.

Upvote 0

Katherine

Hey! The monrail is so much better. We stayed at Fort Wild Capmgrounds and the buses ar so slow and the boats are 2 and this was in the summer when they should have more. I would definantly go for the contemporary also because you could see the castle from your room!

Upvote 0

orangefan15

How many people in your group? 5 in the Contemporary is a bit tight...but I would still deal with that and stay at teh Contemporary. Its a deluxe resort and you have the monorail right on your doorstep. Its just so convenient. Plus, the Contemporary has some awesome restaurants and a huge arcade.

Upvote 0

aTmfan

Original Poster
We just have 4 in our group but will be with another group of 5. We'll have 5 kids 10 and under so I'm thinking the monorail access will be the way to go. Thanks!

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

Definitely stay in a MK resort. I did for the first time a few weeks ago and it is great. It makes you feel like you are sleeping in the park. I love the Poly, but we visited the Contemporary and it was great too.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I don't like the theme and ammenities at Fort Wilderness, so for me it is definately the Contemporary. Even though the room will be smaller and you may be in a wing to me it is much better (actually anything is better) than Fort Wilderness. Remember the Contemporary is a deluxe resort so it will be nicer than a primarilly do it yourself camp ground.

Upvote 0

Cheryl

I have to agree with everyone else so far. The Contemporary is the way to go...have the great convenience of the monorail, Chef Mickey's and of course walking if you feel like it to MK. We stayed in the garden wing rooms instead of the tower (actually we were right across from the pool) and I have to tell you, I think we really enjoyed staying in those rooms more so than the towers. I don't know what it was...less hectic, more spacious...anyone help me out here? I don't know what it was....my 4 year old son loved it!

Contemporary gets my vote!:)

Upvote 0

Scooter

Cheryl..I totally understand.

The Garden wing rooms facing the pool are the best.

I have stayed there several times and prefer them. We are going again in October and have already reserved a first floor Garden wing room.:lol:

When you stay in the tower rooms you have what I refer to as a "Rush Hour" crowd. That's the times when most are either going TO the parks or down to breakfast or coming FROM the parks and up to their rooms or out to Dinner. Lots of elevator traffic and too much hussle and bussle.

In the garden wing rooms you can take a leisurely stroll to the pools, around the resort, or to the Lobby.

We try to get a room close to the Food and Fun center so we can just walk over for breakfast or to fill up our Resort mugs.

I live in the Suburbs of Chicago and enjoy all the quiet and serenity I can find when I go on vacation.

I won't stay in the tower rooms unless it's the Conceirge. I like the breakfast and the afternoon snacks. :slurp:

Sorry about the thread drift.:hammer:

Upvote 0

freaklarm

I say try the FWC, once you've stay there at least once, you'll never want to stay anywhere else. Cabins are so spacious. They have great dinning, (HoopDeeDoo Review, Trails Inn, Mickeys Backyard BBQ) plus with the boat you can be at MK in 10 min or at the Contemporary in less that that and from there can catch the Monorail. For real, is the best setting in property. I've stay in every single resort in Disney (except for POP Century hehe) and this is my favorite. I can guarantee, you gona love it. Plus is a different experience, not the ordinary hotel stay, but at the same time with all the amenities and others like, horseback riding and others, Give it a chance.

Upvote 0

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear
Definitely stay in a MK resort. I did for the first time a few weeks ago and it is great. It makes you feel like you are sleeping in the park. I love the Poly, but we visited the Contemporary and it was great too.

i totally have the same idea....it feels like your in Mickeys living room or something....go with the Contemporary!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom