i need help with deciding

hrmom26

hi all
i went to Disney last march. i had the time of my life. but i was so tired by the end and it cost me so much i promised my self that next year (march 2007) i would go some where more relaxing and that cost less. but as always time goes by i miss Disney and start thinking how much fun we had. not just the week we go i love the planing and the lead up to it and after when i print the photos and make scrap books and laugh with the kids over stuff so here i am trying to talk myself into doing it again. what if anything is going on special this coming year? is there any special deals in the works that might help push me in that direction? new rides, celebrations. i need something that is just to good to pass up. the kids in me wants to go back but the adult in me says i shouldn't , i should wait a year and save some money. so what do you think am i crazy to do it all agian when i know i shouldn't spend the money?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Best advice: Pace yourself to your budget. Vacation less often or for a shorter period. If you're as hooked on Disney as the rest of us, you'll end up going again, it's inevitable!

I can manage a good trip for a week once a year in Value Season. If I skimped on souvenirs and/or stayed at Value Resorts instead of Deluxe, I might be able to go twice a year. If I flew Executive Class and stayed at Concierge Level, I'd probably only be able to manage every second year.

It's all about setting your expectations where they're manageable. But if WDW is where you feel best on vacation, then work on making it happen.

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

Lately we have been going every year and I don't think it is not affordable we stay at a value resort because we truly like them, they are enough for us. We never push ourselves to exhaustion. We sleep in and go with the flow. Of course we plan what we need to see but we don't overdue it. Watch for deals and for us the biggest expense is always airfare if I cant find a good deal then we dont go.

Upvote 0

pacochran

We know the feeling. After we go and have been home again, it seems like "I Want to go back NOW!!!" It seems like it's forever before we go again. But we save and make sure we have a really good time when we go and do whatever we want, buy whatever we want when we do go. It just makes the time we do go a really special experience and enjoyable time.

A 151 days and counting, and counting.:lol:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I understand your concern about the cost of a Disney trip. The one thing that hooks me is that once I am at Disney the crazy outside world is gone. WDW is the only place I have ever traveled that has made me feel this way and I try to get back there as much as I can.

One thing that has helped us spend less money and more time at WDW is DVC. Since we purchased our membership we have gone typically over 20 days per year and it cost me less than my last full paid trip staying in a moderate resort (including meals, transportation and park passes). It is a large sum of money up front, but it will pay for itself.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Don't discount off-site.

Also, check the price of an Annual pass - it means you can make short breaks during the year, or go back eleven months later and you still won't have to pay to get into the parks. If staying off-site, the Annual Pass will also give you free parking.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Another thing we did to save money and therefore justify another trip wa that we purchased 10 day park hoppers with no expiration. The price per day was so much cheaper that way, and now we don't have to worry about tickets for our next trip!

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Go for it!

I am always looking for the discounts, etc. The newest celebration starts October 1st of this year and I believe it is called the Year of a Million Dreams, check out the main Disney site for more info.

The way I look at vacation is that I would like for our family to go somewhere each year (and like others have said Disney is a special place for escaping the regular world). So, with that said, price out other vacations like the beach, mountains, etc and when complete compare it with Disney and most of the time there is not a lot of difference in cost. The cost of a weeks stay at a beachfront hotel for my sisters family cost almost as much as our whole 6 night stay with everything included (of course we got the Free Dining Plan deal). So compare the price then compare the experience and then decide!
And they still had to buy food and entertainment!

Upvote 0

Mr. WDB

You say you had "the time of your life" when you went to WDW, so to me it's a no-brainer: GO BACK TO WDW! As far as being tired afterward, the simple remedy for that is to pace yourself. You can tour at much more leisurely pace if you need to: it's your vacation and you don't have to do everything in one trip. Save the rest for return trips. And cost? There are so many options for a trip to WDW (how about staying off-property? or Disney value resorts?) that cost is very much variable. You can find just about whatever price range you want, it's all up to you. With a little better planning, I think you can customize you trip there to be exactly how you want it to be.:wave:

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Vacations are where you go to be comfortable and relaxed away from the daily grind. It only makes sense to go where you know you'll have fun!

Never under estimate the HUGE number of things there are to do at WDW that do not require racing from park to park!

I am fortunate enough to go a few times a year so I have learned to REALLY enjoy myself by casually perusing the parks in addition to all the other stuff I want to do!!!

Now, my vacations to WDW are some of the most relaxing ones ever, as I do not need to rush arund to see everything each trip. I pick and choose what I want to do and save the rest for next time.

Here's a suggestion some might find crazy: For your next 7 day trip to WDW, only get 4 park tickets...and forget about 'park hopping'!!!

Relax and enjoy....and have no regrets!

:::Good air in..............Bad air out:::

:)

Upvote 0

yazmin182

I loved going in January because it is the beginning of value season but the weather is great and the Christmas decorations are still up which I thought was nice. The good thing about this time is it's not crowded so you can really pace yourself and enjoy your time there while getting a lot done. Planning is key to save money so if you do things ahead of time, I'm sure it will be possible! Stick to value resorts, value season and travelling on low traffic days for cheaper airfare (For ex. Tuesdays and Wednesdays on Spirit Air.)

Bring snacks, juice, water, etc. and keep them in your hotel room and stick to two counter-service meals a day. That might save you a ton of money too.

The main point is if you want to go, it is possible! Don't give up!

Upvote 0

hrmom26

Original Poster
thanks everyone
for your advice when i went in march i pulled out all the stops although i stayed at pop i bought all the pictures and stuff at every ride. sit down dinners every night and toys, souvenirs for ever niece, nephew, and co-worker. and don't even ask me what i spent on the kids pins.i also was at every park open till close, after reading your posts it downed on me instead of 8 days i could stay 3 nights 4 days, instead of expensive dinners we can do counter service with just one special dinner , and limit the souvenirs to just a few. fly in early the first day and out late the last to max my time in the parks. i can also just spend half days at the parks so we will not all get so tired by the end. it will cost me less than half what i spent last year.
thanks again i am so excited now
i am such a nut about Disney i probably get 6 months of happy out of every trip. i love planning, going , and printing the pictures and making scrap books and reliving the fun. i think i will be hooked for life!:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom