I bought my room and tickets separately . . . 60 or 30?

kirksheppard

Original Poster
Hi there, hoping someone can help answer this...

I booked my room only reservation and then a week later bought my tickets. They both show up under My Disney Experience both on the app and online. However, it looks like I'm only able to book FP+ 30 days out instead of 60. Do I need to do something special to "link" the two even though they both show up? Should I just give up and call Disney? :)

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Tom

Beta Return
Since you're staying at a Disney resort hotel and you have tickets, you will be able to book FP+ at 60-days out.

By default, the system will show you 30-days out until the moment you hit the 60-day mark. That's definitely confusing, but it's because you have valid tickets linked already, which means you COULD book rolling 30 days.

So, just wait until after 12 or 1am on the 60-day mark and it will change.

Rob562

Since you're staying at a Disney resort hotel and you have tickets, you will be able to book FP+ at 60-days out.

By default, the system will show you 30-days out until the moment you hit the 60-day mark. That's definitely confusing, but it's because you have valid tickets linked already, which means you COULD book rolling 30 days.

So, just wait until after 12 or 1am on the 60-day mark and it will change.

There are definitely a couple messages that they need to consider adding to the FP+ system to alleviate worries like these. Both people who booked room and tickets separately who see the 30 days from today like the OP, as well as people who booked a package with tickets who won't get *any* access to the FP+ system until their 60-day mark and get a confusing "you must link a valid ticket" message until that point...

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
There are definitely a couple messages that they need to consider adding to the FP+ system to alleviate worries like these. Both people who booked room and tickets separately who see the 30 days from today like the OP, as well as people who booked a package with tickets who won't get *any* access to the FP+ system until their 60-day mark and get a confusing "you must link a valid ticket" message until that point...

-Rob

I completely agree. If it's too difficult for the coders to have the site intelligently post the appropriate message then just list both those disclaimers on the FP page. These scenarios are creating a lot of confusion for new and non-techie guests.

The 30-day option should not appear if you have non-AP tickets linked AND a resort hotel stay booked and linked, because there's a 99.9999% chance those tickets and room correlate to each other.

And it should never tell you that you don't have valid tickets linked if you booked a package.

The system, or at least website, simply hasn't been coded with near enough intelligence and logic.

Rob562

I completely agree. If it's too difficult for the coders to have the site intelligently post the appropriate message then just list both those disclaimers on the FP page. These scenarios are creating a lot of confusion for new and non-techie guests.

The 30-day option should not appear if you have non-AP tickets linked AND a resort hotel stay booked and linked, because there's a 99.9999% chance those tickets and room correlate to each other.

And it should never tell you that you don't have valid tickets linked if you booked a package.

The system, or at least website, simply hasn't been coded with near enough intelligence and logic.

Without making people choose specific dates that their tickets are good for (something that I actually think Tokyo makes people choose with some of their tickets, though a package reservation kinda already does that since they can't be used before check-in) I think it's programmed as openly as it can be to allow for the various possibilities on how people can use tickets. But I think these two messages should display at the proper times:

-If person has a room reservation greater than 60 days out and separately-purchased tickets and thus is only seeing the 30-day window:
"Looking to make FastPass+ selections for your upcoming trip? Your selection window will open on xx/xx/xx."

-If a person has park tickets as part of a package and it's greater than 60 days:
"The FastPass+ selection window for your upcoming trip will open on xx/xx/xx.
If you plan on visiting before that date, please link additional valid admission."

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom