deleted

macefamily

My daughter and her boyfriend went through the process...twice. The process is not exact. Her boyfriend was set up for a phone interview in two weeks after applying. My daughter started worrying after it took four weeks for her phone interview. They both went for the fall semester in 2017. I can tell you that they loved it. They're both huge Disney fans. My daughter couldn't go back this semester because she started grad school, but her boyfriend and his friend applied and they're both starting in one week. My daughter had her lifeguard certification so she worked the pools at the Contemporary resort. Her boyfriend did custodial work on Sunset Blvd at Hollywood Studios. When he goes back this time, he is going to be working at one of the attractions on Sunset..either Rockin' Rollercoaster or Tower of Terror.
Good luck with your application !

Soarin2u

First you receive an email for you "WBI" or "Web Based Interview" these questions are the basics and demand consistency. Don't overthink them. There will be a link in email to take this, it expires within three days of the invitation.

If you pass the WBI they will send you a email to set up a phone interview. You will schedule the phone interview through a link once again. Other than the phone interview all contact will be through the web/email! Keep checking your dashboard incase an email doesn't make it through!

And letting you know, I got accepted 3 days before the last day in November of 2017! When they say "You aren't rejected till you're rejected" thats unbelievably true.

Everyone moves differently through the application process, but until you've been rejected don't lose hope!

BasiltheBatLord

I applied this year but failed the WBI. Very annoying how your status is wholly determined by something as arbitrary and automated as that.

I applied this year but failed the WBI. Very annoying how your status is wholly determined by something as arbitrary and automated as that.

I have been through the process a few times now, and have been NLIC'd in the past as well. It is always disappointing when you aren't accepted. However, I have to disagree with you. The WBI is far from arbitrary. It is a personality test in which there are no wrong answers. Disney uses this to scout for authenticity. The WBI will ask you the same questions in multiple different ways. It doesn't so much matter what your answers are- as long as they are consistent! Too many applicants overthink this step and try to cater their answers to what they believe Disney would want. Don't treat it like a test, oftentimes the first answer that pops out at you is the best! In my case, I took the WBI half asleep after a very long day, and I believe that this helped- as I was too mentally exhausted to be analytical. I actually spent fewer than 10 seconds per question and had a phone interview scheduled within 20 minutes of starting the WBI.

TL;DR:
Don't over-analyze the WBI, it's not a test. Be yourself, Disney wants authenticity!

ducky44

The WBI is mostly designed to make sure you can follow directions and pay attention. Most of the questions are the same questions asked different ways. If you answer "Strongly Agree" to one question and then "Strongly Disagree" to the same question just asked a different way, they know you aren't really reading it. (i.e "I like a fast paced job" then about 15 questions later "I like to have breaks" ) A lot of companies do this.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The WBI is mostly designed to make sure you can follow directions and pay attention. Most of the questions are the same questions asked different ways. If you answer "Strongly Agree" to one question and then "Strongly Disagree" to the same question just asked a different way, they know you aren't really reading it. (i.e "I like a fast paced job" then about 15 questions later "I like to have breaks" ) A lot of companies do this.
Good lord. I’m glad I didnt overthink this section. Here I thought It was just fluff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom