I am a little scared...

Lakritz

Original Poster
We are going to WDW in November and I am trying to convince my DH to take me to the adventurers club. Unfortunatly he fears everything that includes audience participation...:lookaroun the fact that his english ( neither is mine) is not the best makes it even worse. He is convinced they will pick him to entertain the rest of the crowd...:eek:
Here now is my question: Is there chance he will not be part of any public siniging, dancing etc. and just be able to watch and enjoy?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

robynchic

Lakritz said:
We are going to WDW in November and I am trying to convince my DH to take me to the adventurers club. Unfortunatly he fears everything that includes audience participation...:lookaroun the fact that his english ( neither is mine) is not the best makes it even worse. He is convinced they will pick him to entertain the rest of the crowd...:eek:
Here now is my question: Is there chance he will not be part of any public siniging, dancing etc. and just be able to watch and enjoy?

Also, improv performers have this sixth sense. If a person looks like they don't want to be brought up, the performers won't choose them. But yes, saying "No thanks" is just as good.

The only reason I know about the sixth sense is because I'm an improv performer, and we just have this thing where we feed off of people. We need the energy. If we're not getting that "vibe" from someone, then we won't pick on them.

PhotoDave219

Lakritz said:

The odds of being picked are very slim/none. About 100 people are seated during a show, like maybe 1 or 2 people get dragged up..... so thats what, a 2% chance?

AliciaLuvzDizne

PhotoDave219 said:
The odds of being picked are very slim/none. About 100 people are seated during a show, like maybe 1 or 2 people get dragged up..... so thats what, a 2% chance?
:lol:
then you and adam must be extra lucky :p

Lakritz, I suggest you go, sit sorta in the back (for example: sitting next to the stage might not be the best idea if you don't want to participate) Have a great time, it's very laid back there and everyone just wants to have a good time... The performers will gravitate towards those they can feel will participate willingly (as robynchick said)

dont miss it! :D

TestTrack

PhotoDave219 said:

Funny, I have been picked to ride the bee at MGM and the sub attack reenactment. ;) What are the chances?!!?

Of course I was a good sport and answered my phone and really acted it up before I got hit by the wave ;)

DisneyFreak529

My sister & law and I were picked up to do the sub show to. We were the ones on the sub cleaning. We did a great job, our family laughed so much. My husband got it all on tape and it's soo funny to go back and watch it. It was our Feb 2003 trip. It was one of the best times ever at WDW.

DERWUNDERBARE

*g* A polite "Sorry, me nix speak englisch" will save you from being part of the Show - just in case that you are really picked!

Ansonsten wünsch ich schonmal viel Spass - und nen netten Gruß an die Maus mit den Ohren...

Tom

Beta Return
PhotoDave219 said:
Well, usually wearing a horribly loud hawiian shirt adds to your odds of getting picked on....

You mean like the guy who always gets picked in Indiana Jones? :lookaroun

Lakritz said:

I also have some major anxiety when it comes to public performances, speaking in front of an audience, being put on the spot, etc. Some key tips to avoiding being picked are:
1. Don't attract attention to yourself (the Hawaiin shirt thing)
2. Don't sit on the main aisle, if there is one. Sit as far from where you think the talent will walk, or deep in the middle of the crowd to you blend in.
3. DON'T make eye contact with the talent.
4. Don't make any sudden moves or talk or cough when the talent is looking for the volunteer.

Yeah, I've practiced these a lot....and they've never failed. I speak perfect english, so I can't even use that as an excuse. I'd definately have to politely decline if they tried to pick me!

bigkidz895

My wife and I had a blast the last time we were there. I would encourage you guys to go in with an open mind and give it a shot. I have found that it is the people who are really in to the show that get picked on. Most of the time, people who are sitting quietly off to them selves usually don't get any attention.

We really had no idea what to expect when we went there. We got picked on, but that was our fault (more like our pleasure). We really got in to what was going on and had fun with the cast/characters. Bottom line - We'll always make the AC a stop on our trips. We had a great time and the comedy was PG-13.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom