Hyundai teams up with Walt Disney Imagineering for special IONIQ 5 Disney100 Platinum electric car

John park hopper

Another Disney management blunder----- sales of electric cars are in the toilet

"Electric Vehicles Are Taking Up Space at Dealerships Because No One Really Wants to Buy Them Anymore"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

"Electric Vehicles Are Taking Up Space at Dealerships Because No One Really Wants to Buy Them Anymore"

Yeah…that’s not gonna be a “thing” longterm. Have a friend who’s an exec at jaguar…they’re going 100% electric in 10 years.

Why?
They spend half their money buying carbon offsets and 90% of world governments are moving to basically regulate ICEs out.

The world is a changing

As far as this Disney thing goes…I’m sure its a stunt.

John park hopper

Yeah…that’s not gonna be a “thing” longterm. Have a friend who’s an exec at jaguar…they’re going 100% electric in 10 years.

Why?
They spend half their money buying carbon offsets and 90% of world governments are moving to basically regulate ICEs out.

The world is a changing

As far as this Disney thing goes…I’m sure its a stunt.
If that is true these governments better start building electric generating plants to supply the electricity

John park hopper

They better get busy

"It takes around 6 to 8 years to build a nuclear reactor. That's the average construction time globally. Reactors can be built very quickly: some have been built in just 3 to 5 years. Some have long over-runs, spanning multiple decades."
They spent millions on one in SC then went bankrupt never got built.

Jambo Dad

Good comments - electric cars are here and will be better and cheaper. Agree with comments about next generation nuclear. Also need grid to have more redundancy (which means storage within the grid and expanding solar at a rooftop level).

As for the Hyundai - there is no intent to build more of these - it’s a one-off marketing concept. I also agree that I wish they would partner with a U.S. company. Between the factories in Mexico, international ownership of Stellantis and GM’s EV expertise mostly coming from Chinese companies, Tesla is the most American company out there. I think it’s now time for them to spend a little money on marketing.

Lilofan

When I rented from Avis at MCO I got the cheapest rate which was a mystery car. I got a Hyundai electric SUV. It was a weird feeling driving it but when you floor the gas pedal, look out, it takes off like a rocket and my back was slammed back into my drivers seat.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When I rented from Avis at MCO I got the cheapest rate which was a mystery car. I got a Hyundai electric SUV. It was a weird feeling driving it but when you floor the gas pedal, look out, it takes off like a rocket and my back was slammed back into my drivers seat.
The electric motors pack more of a whallop then ICE

I have a hybrid with 1-2…and when the second kicks in (in the back for the awd)…it feels like chewie threw the lever…or more accurately when R2 saves them.

John park hopper

I grew up with muscle cars and to me there is nothing like the sound of a big block ICE Will always love my 56 Chevy hot rod with a 327 CI gas burner. Guess that's why I love going to the drag races

Lilofan

I grew up with muscle cars and to me there is nothing like the sound of a big block ICE Will always love my 56 Chevy hot rod with a 327 CI gas burner. Guess that's why I love going to the drag races
I love rowing through the gears on my manual naturally aspirated 6 cylinder. Save the manuals!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

You say that, yet 2023 was the highest year of EV sales on record in the US, with continuous growth in the segment... all while new-car sales overall are down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom