Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Technology is great, until it isn't. You were all very patient dealing with this issue, not sure many people would be so nice about it.

As long as he had no issues getting into the parks, it wasn't a big deal. Once I realized he could just use Julia's extra band, it was fine and Juia decided it was good "TR" material. But it was odd how they could not correct it - or figure out what caused it in the first place.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Mulan had a bit of a line compared to what we had been experiencing the past few days. As we were waiting, we got to witness a fight between a man and the CM in charge of the line. The CM was informing guests that Mulan would be leaving in about 15 minutes and that she would only get to see around 4 or 5 more families. At the time we were 3rd in line. The man was several groups behind us and of course, he was NOT happy to have been waiting only to be told that he may be turned away. Now, usually, the CM’s cut the line off and do not even let guests get in a line when they know the family will not get to see the character. However, this CM was a bit “odd”. He didn’t seem to mind telling people that they may not make it.

It turns out, Mulan was returning, but it would be about 20 minutes before she returned. I don’t think the CM was explaining it very well. Luckily, we got to see Mulan and were on our way, so we didn’t get to see how the altercation ended.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404870621931.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404870587700.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404870587707.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404870587718.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404870587723.JPG

After Mulan, we decided to watch the film. We have never done this before so we were all a little excited. I don’t think I have ever done a Circle vision film, and I’ve read comments that people say it feels like you’re moving. Apparently, Julia thought it was cool and I agreed it was nice, but not something I would need to do again.

We perused the gift shop – another area we had never known existed.

IMG_4528.JPG
IMG_4529.JPG
IMG_4532.JPG

Then we were on our way.

IMG_4533.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
After a quick bathroom stop, we made our way into the Legacy Showcase where I fell in love with a F&W shirt with Figment on it, only to be crushed because it was a Passholder only purchase! Oh well, according to Hope, we should be moving to Florida in 9 years... so maybe I'll have an AP one day...

IMG_4536.JPG
IMG_4537.JPG
IMG_4538.JPG
IMG_4539.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4543.JPG
IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG
IMG_4559.JPG
IMG_4560.JPG

Aside from that, it was fun to walk around and see a little EPCOT history.

Then we were on our way to space…

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So glad y'all were safe and had a great time! Hope is growing so much! I'm so proud of all she was able to accomplish this trip :inlove: Also, how cool that Julia is studying Japanese!

Thanks so much!! It was a very special and exciting trip! OMG - Japanese has been a nightmare this year! She is enrolled in an online class and has a CRAZY teacher who thinks his high school students are all advanced college kids! He actually yelled at one kid during the 1st semester final exam in December and told him to go get a refund - that he was wasting his (the teacher's) time! She is holding her own but sadly, he has drained much of her excitement for leaning the language. It has been quite the learning experience for her! I keep telling her it's good practice for all the crazy professors she will get in college! lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
IMG_4562.JPG
IMG_4561.JPG

I was hoping that Julia’s first impression of the Mission Space redue was off a little… and that I would enjoy the new mission. It was sad not to see Gary Sinise – is it me or is the dialogue the same?

IMG_4564.JPG
IMG_4566.JPG
IMG_4567.JPG
IMG_4568.JPG
IMG_4570.JPG
IMG_4571.JPG
IMG_4572.JPG

To me, the new mission was barely OK. I would have rather gone back to the Mars mission, but I didn’t want to chance getting sick. I didn’t want Hope to take a chance either – so we all left a little disappointed. If Hope didn’t want to ride again, I probably would not have visited again during our trip.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I know Figment needs some love, but it remains one of my favorites! So we journeyed off into our Imagination.

IMG_4573.JPG
IMG_4574.JPG
IMG_4575.jpg
IMG_4576.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG

Hope played some games and did a little shopping after. I think her Tsum Tsum count was at about 15 today. She had completed her Lion Guard and ToT collection and was on to some random ones.

IMG_4581.JPG
IMG_4582.JPG
IMG_4583.JPG

12in12

What a shame that Julia's Japanese teacher is so horrible, I hope she won't let it her ruin her love of the language. I had a French teacher tell me when I was 13, that there was no point even trying to teach me as I was just hopeless. It took away all my motivation and confidence and sadly I dropped the French lessons as soon as I was able.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
What a shame that Julia's Japanese teacher is so horrible, I hope she won't let it her ruin her love of the language. I had a French teacher tell me when I was 13, that there was no point even trying to teach me as I was just hopeless. It took away all my motivation and confidence and sadly I dropped the French lessons as soon as I was able.

Thanks for sharing! I feel bad she is struggling, but I don't want her to give up because I know she will regret it later in life. I hope she will stay with it - although I am searching for a new online class for next year.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Time for something new – Hope & Julia wanted to see the Pixar Film Festival.

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4587-1.JPG
IMG_4588-1.JPG

As we waited to enter, Ross mentioned he wasn’t feeling good.

IMG_4592-1.JPG

Since we knew it would be a few minutes wait time, he ran outside to the bathroom for a few tissues and have a coughing fit. I felt bad for him. I figured he could nap a bit during the show and hoped he would feel better. He works so hard during the year to make this trip possible; the last thing I wanted was for him not to be able to enjoy it. I was hoping it was just his allergies kicking in.

We had just missed the previous show, so we sat and relaxed a little while we waited for the next one. Julia and I both enjoyed the pre-show which gave a little history of Pixar. We learned a bunch of quite facts we never knew.

IMG_4593.JPG
IMG_4591-1.JPG
IMG_4589-1.JPG
IMG_4593.JPG
IMG_4597.JPG
IMG_4598.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG

Hope wanted to stay and watch it again but we told her we had a FP for a racecar!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Test Track is a family favorite and it’s awesome that Hope likes it so much.

IMG_4607.JPG

It’s funny how she wanted to design her own car this year! She was very proud of her creation!

IMG_4609.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4616.JPG
IMG_4617.JPG
IMG_4618.JPG
IMG_4623.JPG
IMG_4624.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_405723463409.jpeg
IMG_4625.JPG

The kids, including Ross, played some games afterwards and then we traded the open road for the big, blue sea.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Off to find Nemo…

IMG_4627.jpg
IMG_4630.JPG

Hope was not happy and I have to admit it was so frustrating that part of her trip was different this time. I wish she could have enjoyed it more. But she did enjoy walking around the pavilion after the ride. She wanted me to take a picture of her in the shark’s mouth. I was having a problem because there was a big group of kids and they kept running into the mouth and not giving others a chance. So I had to send Ross in for support, and soon, we got her picture!

IMG_4633.JPG
IMG_4636-1.jpg
IMG_4639.JPG

It was time for Crush’s Turtle Talk... always a fun time!

IMG_4640.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Then we attempted a ride on Spaceship Earth.

IMG_4641.JPG

Again, Hope wasn’t having it. I begged Ross to let me ride with her but he felt he would be fine -but he wasn’t. He can’t deal when she’s not happy. Of course, halfway through came the famous words… “bathroom please!” Ross got so nervous which translates to crankiness and a barrage of questions... “Why didn’t you take her before we rode? When did she go last? Did you know she had to go?” Finally I said to him, “The worst that will happen is that she will pee and we’ll clean it up – RELAX!”

I am happy to report that we returned in a dry time machine.

We were surprised to see that the energy pavilion did not have walls or anything around it, although the water was gone and this sign was here. We stopped to to say RIP. Julia was sad to see it go… she was a fan. I am sad to see the original vision of EPCOT fade away, but I welcome a new attraction here.

IMG_4645.JPG
IMG_4646.JPG
IMG_4647.JPG
IMG_4648.jpg

disneypearl

I hope Ross was just having a bad allergies & felt better quickly. It’s awful to not feel 100% on vacation.
It’s impressive that Julia takes Japanese! Seems like such a difficult language to learn, even with an encouraging teacher. It must be extra difficult with a teacher like that! Hopefully she will get someone more helpful if she sticks with it.
I love Hope’s determination to move to Florida! She has a plan & is giving you all time to make it happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom