Humidity

dzlandSr

I was wondering what months are the least humid at WDW. I have been to WDW in late May, first of June and it was extremely humid! Also was there this past October (22-30) and when we arrived it was really humid (after Hurricane Wilma passed thru, the humdity was gone the rest of my trip). So just trying to figure out what the best months are to avoid the high humidity....:eek:

napnet

Humidity is a way of life in Florida when the farthest point in the state from the ocean is like 75 miles :)

Right around now the humidity isnt so bad... its like 70%... but usually in the winter its a little less or feels that way

Upvote 0

MissM

*chuckles*

Sadly, it's always going to be more humid here then other places. But for us, less humid is a matter of scattered days, not really months. December-January-February are your best bets for lower humidity days but it's no guarentee. Here in Tampa today for example, it's already 80F with 61% humidity. And it's January. For us, that's not a lot of humidity. During the summer it can easily get 95%, 96% humidity and not rain. (Even if it does, the rain doesn't cool things off, it just makes it sticker.)

So this time of year is your best odds of less humidity, but there's never a time when there's none.
-m

Upvote 0

Teenchy

dzlandSr said:
I was wondering what months are the least humid at WDW. I have been to WDW in late May, first of June and it was extremely humid! Also was there this past October (22-30) and when we arrived it was really humid (after Hurricane Wilma passed thru, the humdity was gone the rest of my trip). So just trying to figure out what the best months are to avoid the high humidity....:eek:

Is see your coming from the location : Arizona Desert. :rolleyes:

I think your out of luck in Florida!

Sorry there is no Sweating smiles icon to add to this post! Although this guy looks like he has been in line for an hour in July! :eek:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Humidity isn't really what matters. It's humid where I live but it doesn't matter right now since it's cold out. What you really care about are dew points, which lead to "mugginess." Humidity has nothing to do with it. Florida may get 95% humidity in the summer, but that's only at about 6 am when the outside temperature is the same as the dew point. That happens in most non-desert locations, because overnight lows often bottom out at the dewpoint. MUGGY conditions come into play when the dew point is greater than 60ºF. If you look at the average low temperatures at www.weather.com/weather/local/32830, those values tend to match the average dew point, so any time of year that the average low temperature is below 60 will be very comfortable for you. This time of year, for example, is not muggy. The mugginess tends to return in April and leave in November, but these are just trends. It will actually be a bit muggy this weekend (and hot for this time of year, with daytime highs in the mid-80s), but it will return to normal next week.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

mid- December and January were nice. It was less humid than when I was there in September a few years ago and my shirt that started at my waist was below my knees by night fall.

We got married in December at Disney and the day we arrived (the 13th) it was humid, the next day it was great and the humid was way down for the rest of our week. Then when we left on the 20th, my family said the temp dropped a lot.

Upvote 0

Rayray

WDW along with the rest of the Southeast (I live in MS) gets what I call 90-90 conditions. That is, 90 degrees and 90% humidity. This climate is unbearable to many because of the heat and humidity. If you venture down to WDW between late May through August (maybe even Sept.), the weather will most likely have conditions similar to 90-90.

Upvote 0

tink rules

I was there for 10 days in the beginning to mid Dec this year and it's supposed to be a dryer time of year, and it rained for 1/2 the time. I think the weather EVERYWHERE this year is off....

Upvote 0

WishinUponAStar

I lived in South Florida for 12 years and I do agree with the members above that said there really is no such thing as a non-humid day. hehe. I WILL say though that the LEAST humid months in WDW seemed be be around LATE December-February. Any way you slice it, humidity is just a harsh reality down there.:dazzle:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom