HULU subscribers up 48% year over year.

seascape

Original Poster
The more I watch the Marvel shows on Hulu and Netflix the more I love them. I am going to drop Netflix once they drop Jessica Jones. I will subscribe to Disney+ and keep my subscription with Hulu. Between the Marvel shows, movies and Disney, Pixar and Lucas Films shows and movies there is no reason to keep Netflix. I only have so much time and money to spend on entertainment and Netflix is the one to go since I will have Hulu, Disney+ and Amazon Prime.

erasure fan1

What's the reason behind such quick growth?
I'm not sure, it's actually kind of baffling to me. We signed up on the $12ish plan and canceled in a month. Everyone hated it because of the commercials. Of course now I think that same plan went from limited commercials to none. Except certain shows play ads in the beginning and at the end of them. Also the content wasn't as good as netflix.

seascape

Original Poster
I do not think Netflix is as good a value as Hulu. Netflix is raising their price again. I think it will cost as much as a combined Disney+ and Hulu but not offer the shows I want. Not only is Netflix losing all Disney products, they are losing all Warner Brothers shows, which include all DC. Given that Amazon Prime members get Amazon streaming with their membership, most will not pay for more than 2 other services unless they completely drop cable TV. I have to wonder what Netflix will have if they lose all WB, Disney, Universal and possibly Paramount if they merge again with CBS and decide to expand their streaming service. For now, I dropped Netflix last night and am signing up for the CBS service for a couple of months. And who knows maybe millions of people with switch from one service to another every month for the free month and never pay.

erasure fan1

I do not think Netflix is as good a value as Hulu. Netflix is raising their price again. I think it will cost as much as a combined Disney+ and Hulu but not offer the shows I want. Not only is Netflix losing all Disney products, they are losing all Warner Brothers shows, which include all DC. Given that Amazon Prime members get Amazon streaming with their membership, most will not pay for more than 2 other services unless they completely drop cable TV. I have to wonder what Netflix will have if they lose all WB, Disney, Universal and possibly Paramount if they merge again with CBS and decide to expand their streaming service. For now, I dropped Netflix last night and am signing up for the CBS service for a couple of months. And who knows maybe millions of people with switch from one service to another every month for the free month and never pay.
This really will be interesting to see play out. In the end Im not sure everyone can coexist with their own services. My plan is to cancel all streaming services and when something I want to see is released, subscribe, binge then cancel. Then lather, rinse, repeat. Leave it to greed to muddy up the water.

seascape

Original Poster
This really will be interesting to see play out. In the end Im not sure everyone can coexist with their own services. My plan is to cancel all streaming services and when something I want to see is released, subscribe, binge then cancel. Then lather, rinse, repeat. Leave it to greed to muddy up the water.
You are the smart customer streaming companies fear. You are also the customer they need to attract. Hulu at $5.00 a month with commercials may be the way to go. Once the streaming companies figure out how to correctly and smartly direct advertising to specific customers they may even be able to provide the service for free and still make a fortune. They key of course is content and that is why its actually in Comcast and AT&T to keep partial ownership in Hulu. All 3 companies should be able to bundle Hulu with their own streaming service at a lower rate. In fact if all 3 can reach some type of agreement they could bundle all 4 services, Hulu, Disney+, HBO/WB and NBC/Universal for less than Netflix and dominate the market. They key is direct advertising.

Indy_UK

It's taken me ages to figure it out as I'm in the UK but I've been able to sign up and get Hulu on my AppleTV. For $8 (£6.20) a month, I'm in love with the service.

It's pretty much has everything I love: Gordon Ramsay programs, American Horror Story, Killing eve, and then two classics I can't get enough of, Twilight Zone and The golden girls.

Not sure I can stretch to $12 for the add free version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom