Hulu, how much does Disney actually own?

seascape

Original Poster
The Disney/Comcast deal for Hulu called for Disney to buy Comcast's 1/3 ownership at fair markey value provided Comcast continued to fund their share of the losses. Now, it is my understanding thar Comcast declined to fund the losses and as a result Disney has been covering 100% of the losses but gaining more ownership. So, how much of Disney own? I believe Comcast's decision was short sighted because under Disney's control Hulu has grown significantly, especially due to the Verizon deal for the triple play package.

Under the contract, should Disney cover all the expenses of Hulu, Comcast’s share diluted from 33% to a minimum of 21%. It can not go under that no matter how much Disney funds.

seascape

Original Poster
I am not sure the actual percetages each company owns. Comcast was allowed to continue to fund the losses or if they didnt they would lose part ownership. However, since Hulu has become profitable, they arent losing anything. So the question is how much did they give up for 1 or 2 years of losses? It's not much so it may be 67 or 68 percent owned by Disney. (This is based on Comcast saying they wouldnt fund Huly losses after the agreed upon sale deal.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom