How will this work?

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I have a room booked for a 6 night stay, and plan to get a 7 day pass. I have one of my nieces listed on the room, but now she can only come for 4 nights. If I get her a 4 day pass, how will this work with FP+? Can I add her ticket and then just link FPs for the days she is there? Will it matter that she is joining me just for the end of the trip?

Tom

Beta Return
Make sure all tickets and guests are linked in MDE, then start booking FP+.

You assign FP to people, and once her specific ticket is out if days, it will stop letting you add FP for her.

docdebbi

but be warned, as she is coming later in your trip, her window for booking FP+ will open later than yours. hopefully you will be able to use the "copy" to other family member feature for your passes, but if they are filled for the time period that you have, it won't let you copy them over.

cw1982

but be warned, as she is coming later in your trip, her window for booking FP+ will open later than yours. hopefully you will be able to use the "copy" to other family member feature for your passes, but if they are filled for the time period that you have, it won't let you copy them over.

This is a very important part to remember. It would definitely be a good idea to be online at 12:01 am when her FP+ window opens so you have the best chance of making sure she gets the same times you do.

Just in case any of them are booked up, look for other times that overlap the times you have. As long as they overlap, you can all go in together as long as it's during that overlap time.

Also, if your kids are wanting to do A&E meet and greets, I would try to do those before she gets there; they are filling up very quickly, and if it was me, I wouldn't want her to feel left out if she didn't get to meet them.

Rob562

It depends on whether the OP will be staying on-site or off-site.

If they're on-site and the niece is listed on the reservation for all nights (which isn't a problem if she's under 18 as there won't be extra-adult fees), then the OP will be able to book the niece's FP+ starting 60 days from check-in, even though she'll only be booking for fewer days for her.

If they're staying off-site, then the niece and the OP will be in the same booking window at 30-days before whatever date they're booking for.

-Rob

cw1982

It depends on whether the OP will be staying on-site or off-site.

If they're on-site and the niece is listed on the reservation for all nights (which isn't a problem if she's under 18 as there won't be extra-adult fees), then the OP will be able to book the niece's FP+ starting 60 days from check-in, even though she'll only be booking for fewer days for her.

If they're staying off-site, then the niece and the OP will be in the same booking window at 30-days before whatever date they're booking for.

-Rob

If she's including her in the hotel reservations, though, wouldn't she have to buy her the same number of days worth of park tickets as the rest of the group? That very well may be what she's doing; I just assumed that she was buying her tickets separately since she won't be doing as many days.

Just curious... I wasn't sure how that works.

Rob562

If she's including her in the hotel reservations, though, wouldn't she have to buy her the same number of days worth of park tickets as the rest of the group? That very well may be what she's doing; I just assumed that she was buying her tickets separately since she won't be doing as many days.

Just curious... I wasn't sure how that works.

That's just if they're booking a package reservation. If they buy the tickets separately, it doesn't matter. Having a hotel reservation will open the FP+ booking for them at 60 days from checkin. The number of days of FP+ reservations they can then make for each person from that date is determined by how many days are on their tickets.

-Rob

cw1982

That's just if they're booking a package reservation. If they buy the tickets separately, it doesn't matter. Having a hotel reservation will open the FP+ booking for them at 60 days from checkin. The number of days of FP+ reservations they can then make for each person from that date is determined by how many days are on their tickets.

-Rob

Gotcha. So, it would be booking the hotel reservation with all of their names on it and then doing the tickets separately and linking them in MDE. I hadn't thought of that; we just did our trip all in one transaction lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom