How to take advantage of FastPass+?

Wikkler

Original Poster
I've never used FP+, don't take my word for it, but here's what I think might be the secret to using the new system.
  1. Spend 2 days at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. At Epcot you get 2 tier 1 FP+s if you stay for two days, which means having a reservation for both Soarin' and Test Track.
  2. At Magic Kingdom on Day 1, head for Fantasyland, then in the afternoon, use your FP+s at Tomorrowland.
  3. At Magic Kingdom on Day 2, head for Adventureland and Frontierland, then in the afternoon, use your FP+s at attractions you missed or want to repeat.
  4. At Epcot, DON'T try to do Future World all in one day. It won't happen. Instead, try to split Epcot up into east (e.g. Test Track, Norway, Mission: SPACE) and west (e.g. The Land, The Seas, France).
  5. At Hollywood Studios, use your Tier 1 at Toy Story Mania and head for Sunset Boulevard when you walk in the park.
  6. At Animal Kingdom, use FP+ for Everest and Kali River Rapids, and head straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris.

DisneyJoe

If you like to park hop, make your FP+ for the afternoon/evening for your second park, get to the first park early and do standby.

MMDVC

What happens if your reservation says 2 adults and 2 children at BLT (for example) All guests have MBs already and have Premium Annual Passes registered from recent visit. I make all FP+ reservations for entire party bring all the MB and check-in at hotel with my name and say rest of my family has not arrived yet. And they never show up. Will I get to use their MBs to retrieve their Fps? I kinda got away with this recently during Halloween stay but the FP machines were easily hacked... Does the MB require entry thru turnstile...and what is the new entry gate being called since it is not a turnstile.?.

joejccva71

I have a question regarding park hopping and using FP+. Let's say I want to do EMH for Epcot on Tuesday. At rope drop I do Soarin' first, then TT, then Mission: Space (all normal standby). Lunch at Noon'ish, back to resort for pool/rest. Then to MK at 5pm. Will I be able to use my FP+ at MK that late in the afternoon, early evening? Won't they sell out of FP+'s by the late afternoon?

For some reason I'm under the impression that parks sell out of FP+ slots if you don't use them in the morning/early afternoon.

Clamman73

I have a question regarding park hopping and using FP+. Let's say I want to do EMH for Epcot on Tuesday. At rope drop I do Soarin' first, then TT, then Mission: Space (all normal standby). Lunch at Noon'ish, back to resort for pool/rest. Then to MK at 5pm. Will I be able to use my FP+ at MK that late in the afternoon, early evening? Won't they sell out of FP+'s by the late afternoon?

For some reason I'm under the impression that parks sell out of FP+ slots if you don't use them in the morning/early afternoon.

If you're using the website or my disney experience app, just set up the fastpass times days in advance. You can put your times at MK for later in the day if you choose.

jlsHouston

In November during the holidays with lots of people at the resorts and parks, there was not a shortage very often for FP+ choices even late in the day. I did walk into EPCOT on a Monday late and they were out of FP+ for TT but not Soaring and for preferred seating for Illuminations.
Not sure what to expect with FP+ availability since it's now going full tilt with no paper FP's available. Also you are going in May when the crowds are not too bad. In general I would expect your FP selections to be available, but I don't think we really know for sure yet since the system is just now going fully operational on its own

Redhawk

My feeling is that the overall amount of FP available will increase with this new system, and there shouldn't be s lot of worry about not getting any good FP unless you pick them 60 days out.

I think even when choosing same-day FP, it will be possible to get return times for at least one headliner ride if you make your selections when first entering the park, if you arrive in the morning (but not necessarily at rope drop).

I'm only speculating on this. My feeling is that the electronic system will be able to adjust and it will be set up so that those who choose their FP on the day they're in the park will still have a decent chance of getting one ride they truly want, hence the limit of 3 FP (and in only one park per day), and tiering.

That's my very hopeful thinking. We'll see how it plays out as the system opens to all guests. Like paper FP, it will take a while for most guests to understand and make use of it, even on-site guests with Magic Bands.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom