How to post a trip report?

dnswalker

Original Poster
Hi, guys! I have been lurking around these boards for years and think I am about ready to start posting a pre-trip report. :rolleyes: Are there any directions or guidelines for developing a trip report? I notice all of the wonderful pictures imbedded and wonder, how do you do that? Do you typically write it with a document program like Word and then cut and past it in? I really am totally lost here. :veryconfu Any info you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hi, guys! I have been lurking around these boards for years and think I am about ready to start posting a pre-trip report. :rolleyes: Are there any directions or guidelines for developing a trip report? I notice all of the wonderful pictures imbedded and wonder, how do you do that? Do you typically write it with a document program like Word and then cut and past it in? I really am totally lost here. :veryconfu Any info you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I write mine in Word, then cut and paste either a day or two at a time or based on how many photos I split in in a logical place to keep under the ten pictures per post limit [smileys and photos both count toward the limit].

To include images, save them somewhere accessible on the internet [you can use your photo album here on WDWMagic if you want], then put a URL link to wherever they are stored inside an image tag [IMG]URL[/IMG] and it will show up in your post when you do.

Try to make the image size small enough to fit inside the normal screen width, otherwise people will have to scroll to see everything. It also slows down page load time if the images are big.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom