How to improve Disney's California Adventure

Discovery Bay

Original Poster
My idea is to turn California Adventure into DIsneySea West. I'm also gonna improve the Downtown Disney, and add some new hotels, which will be surrounded by a waterway that's similar in design to Universal's. THis means that we'll acquire some homeowners land, as well as some other properties. WHen this is all over, it will be almost like Universal Orlando.

stitchcastle

I love the waterway idea. I'm interested to see how it could become DisneySea West [Great name by the way].

I have some ideas, turn the whole park that exists right now into American Waterfrontwhich means we get to keep Paradise Pier and the Tower of Terror and have it turned into a super mainstreet of sorts [so instead of Mediterannean Harbour, it's American Waterfront as the entrance]. and then from there, they could put inDiscovery Bay and after that they could pop Mysterious Island in the middle of the park, tehn continue on with Mermaid Lagoon, combining both Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid; and then go on to a mini world showcase with Arabian Coast; The Orient; Primeval World; African Harbour; and Atlantis

FigmentJedi

Wait, come up with an idea to improve DCA that doesn't include fire? Dang, this will be tough.
Seriously, this is what I'd do: Paradise Pier would definitely go, that space can easily be transformed into several lands for DisneySea(Arabian Coast, Mermaid Lagoon,Atlantis and parts of American Waterfront). The Studios(and parts of Paradise Pier) would be converted to American Waterfront and Toontown Seaport(basically move the Animation Building's stuff near Monsters Inc and add Toon beachhouses). A Bugs Land would be renamed Ant Island and split off from American Waterfront. Grizzly Peak would be replaced with Mysterious Island and Condor Flats becoming Port Discovery, though retaining Soarin and adding StormRiders and Aquatopia.

Discovery Bay

Original Poster
My idea is similar to yours Stitch, except Port Discovery wil be based around where Soarin Over California is now. We'll be taking Grizzly River Run, Redwood Creek, and the Grand Californian (It will be relocated) out and we'll be remodeling Soarin, and adding a waterfront and two rides. SO here's my first installment of How to Fix California Adventure, Port Discovery. The area will be themed to resemble a futuristic port with a sloping hill in order to have the hotel buildings blend into the scenery. We'll have a hotel standing at the entrance of the park like Tokyo DIsneySea, except it will be a little more like Westcot, with the hotel rooms on the top floors of the buildings in the park. We'll be talking about the hotel later. Anyway, the rooms will be blended into the mountain overlooking the park. Soarin Over California will receive an exterior overlay that will make it just like the other buildings in Port Disocvery. In order to make the rides unique and not copies, the Stormrider here will be based on "The Day After TOmorrow." It will have new effects such as a freezing cabin and when the ride ends, you fly through the frozen New York CIty and crash on the ice, just missing a freighter encased in the ice. It will be right across from Soarin Over California and it will be on the waterfront, as it is in Tokyo DisneySea. The final ride will be a futurisitc adapatation of The Island on Top of the World. While the one going into Discovery Bay in Hong Kong will be similar to the one originally planned for Anaheim, the new one will have be in the time period that Port Discovery existis (THe future). THe ride will be the same, except a few futurisitc elements will be added. Come tomorrow and we'll talk more about the park redesign.

Crazy Harry

I just wonder if anyone realizes how wonderful DCA could be if they simply stuck with the original theme instead of employing the quick fix routine.

Just think about it, we could have a form of the Western River Expedition, the gyser ride, a surfing themed rollercoaster not to mention any good hollywood themed attractions amongst a million of other ideas I'm sure.

Can anyone think of more, I know I'm missing alot.

Dr.Seeker

Though DCA is no DL, I still really like it, it just needs time and money to fill out and improve what is already there. I don't want to see it be bulldozed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, if the story that DCA was designed "by spreadsheet" is true, then maybe it just needs a complete overhaul. However, I haven't seen the park first-hand, so I really can't comment on what could be done to "fix" it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom