How to Donate Pins

zengoth

Original Poster
I hope this doesn't get mis-interpreted as "pin trading"
I just would like to know the best way to "donate" a large collection.
Seems sad just to send them to goodwill.

What is the best/proper protocol?

rob0519

I hope this doesn't get mis-interpreted as "pin trading"
I just would like to know the best way to "donate" a large collection.
Seems sad just to send them to goodwill.

What is the best/proper protocol?

I don't think there is a protocol for donating pins. If you give them to Goodwill there is a chance they will be sold in the stores and in turn, Goodwill gets money. Or you could try to sell them on Ebay and then donate the money to your favorite charity. Maybe donate them to a children's hospital and maybe they can give them to the kids?

How big this is collection and why the urge to "donate" them somewhere?

zengoth

Original Poster
It's only about 100.
PinMania over the last 12 years got out of hand and now I am a part of the "downsizing" movement.
eBay is too much trouble, in my estimation, for a one time thing. I like the children's hospital idea - if I had a lot of plush to give away - not sure if pins is appropriate.

But I appreciate the brainstorm.

MickeyMomV

It's only about 100.
PinMania over the last 12 years got out of hand and now I am a part of the "downsizing" movement.
eBay is too much trouble, in my estimation, for a one time thing. I like the children's hospital idea - if I had a lot of plush to give away - not sure if pins is appropriate.

Have you tried asking around at church or work? There is always somebody who is going to Disney that may help take them off your hands. Or if you live close enough spend an afternoon at Disney Springs handing them out to the kids. Its fun to see the smile on the kids faces when they get something like that and then go have a nice dinner afterward.

rob0519

It's only about 100.

Yeah, the whole pin thing just got out of control both the amount of pins and the cost of both the regular pins and the enormous special editions. I don't think I've bought a pin in the last few visits.

DurellC15

I know that I am about a year behind on this thread but I have an eight year old daughter that is just getting started collecting. We live in kansas so there is not many opportunities for her to get pins or trade so if you decide to get rid of any more, please let me know. Thanks!

tbatt3133

I know that I am about a year behind on this thread but I have an eight year old daughter that is just getting started collecting. We live in kansas so there is not many opportunities for her to get pins or trade so if you decide to get rid of any more, please let me know. Thanks!

Email me. My husband passed away suddenly in October. We pin traded since 1999. One of the things he loved to do was give away pins to the kids. I've not been able to go to WDW yet, for various reasons, can't deal with the memories for one thing. Soooo.....get in touch with me and let me mail out a package to your daughter. This is one of the things I have on my list to do. Get to WDW and hand out some pins to honor those memories. Just not ready to make the trip yet. This is the next best thing. My email is my user name at comcast dot net.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom