How to check availability of FP without first releasing your existing?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there an easy way?

I want to check for Flight of Passage FP availability... but I already have FPs booked for each day, and I can't even try to add FPs for DAK if I already have FP booked elsewhere for that day.

Any easy way to check for DAK FPs?

nickys

Premium Member
You can on the app.

Tap the + key (add an FP)
Select park and date
Select guests

You will get a warning that existing FOs will be deleted if you continue. Ignore the warning! The existing FPs will only be deleted if you confirm a new time.

Then you can see if there is FoP.

If you want them then go for it! But any others you have will be deleted. If you don't want to go ahead, then back out screen by screen.

If you already have FPs in AK that day, use modify. If you have NRJ, modify that, otherwise any will do.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
You can on the app.

Tap the + key (add an FP)
Select park and date
Select guests

You will get a warning that existing FOs will be deleted if you continue. Ignore the warning! The existing FPs will only be deleted if you confirm a new time.

Then you can see if there is FoP.

If you want them then go for it! But any others you have will be deleted. If you don't want to go ahead, then back out screen by screen.

If you already have FPs in AK that day, use modify. If you have NRJ, modify that, otherwise any will do.

Hrmm... maybe they've blocked this now?

I can no longer do this. I have three FP+ for MK on Saturday... when I try to add FP to check availability in the MK, when it gets to the point where it says I can't due to already having 3... it won't let me ignore the warning. My only option is to remove the person from the party... The App and Web are behaving the same.

If I pick a park I don't have FPs for..it gives me the option to keep or remove the person. But if I select the park I already have FPs for... it just gives me the 'remove' option

SuperStretccch

Hrmm... maybe they've blocked this now?

I can no longer do this. I have three FP+ for MK on Saturday... when I try to add FP to check availability in the MK, when it gets to the point where it says I can't due to already having 3... it won't let me ignore the warning. My only option is to remove the person from the party... The App and Web are behaving the same.

If I pick a park I don't have FPs for..it gives me the option to keep or remove the person. But if I select the park I already have FPs for... it just gives me the 'remove' option

You have to choose "Modify" on one of your existing FPs to check availability at the same park. As usual, it doesn't change anything unless you actually make a new selection.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
You have to choose "Modify" on one of your existing FPs to check availability at the same park. As usual, it doesn't change anything unless you actually make a new selection.

Thank you for the quick reply. That did in fact work and let me do what I needed. Thank you!

It's a shame you need a cheat sheet to figure out just how to 'look ahead' at possibilities.

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you for the quick reply. That did in fact work and let me do what I needed. Thank you!

It's a shame you need a cheat sheet to figure out just how to 'look ahead' at possibilities.

It was buried in the last line, if you're looking for the same park, use modify (and if you're looking for a tier 1, modify a tier 1)

Same park - use modify
New park - use add

For info, if you get stuck, the DIS have a step by step guide with screenshots at every step.

I agree about the cheat sheets though. I think one issue is that in the summer of 2016, they made some very significant changes to the FP system in the MDE app. But they didn't really announce this and what the changes were.

Anyone who was used to the original FP+ system probably didn't realise what had changed. But someone new to it since those changes (like me) found out by using it, and discovering it allowed you to do stuff no one mentioned!

Like for example, park hopping and initial FPs. I found out by accident, and then discovered it was pretty much unknown .

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom