How soon can I start booking my ride fast passes?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I just booked a last minute trip for a few weeks from now through a travel agency..

They said that because the trip is only a few weeks away that Disney will probably have my magic bands waiting for me at the resort when I get there.

Does this mean I can't prebook any rides in advance because I don't have my bands? Did they ever launch that function anyway? I remember them saying that eventually you would be able to reserve fast passes even before your vacation.

Ohh on a side note.. does anyone know in situations like these are we stuck getting random colored fast passes or are we stuck with whatever is waiting for us at the resort check-in.

Thanks for any info :)

stevehousse

U can set up your FP selections starting 60 days out, so if u are within that window frame you should be able to book! If the system won't let u do that, do online check in and then try again, it should work.

On the website, I would check to see if it will let u make MB selections or not. Not a huge deal if u can't, they will be waiting for u at check in and will b grey color, but do give it a try.

There are no paper FP anymore, so u won't get those at check in. They can be done before u leave or while u r there and can be done day of park visit if u choose.

Rob562

You'll need to get the Disney reservation number from the travel agent. Then plug that into the My Disney Experience website and see what access it gives you. At the very least you should be able to customize your Bands (color and name) and have them waiting for you at the hotel front desk. if you don't customize them at all, you'll get un-customized, generic gray Bands at check-in.

Is your reservation a package that includes park tickets? If so, once you link your reservation you'll be able to make FP+ reservations. Otherwise, you'll have to purchase tickets separately and link them before getting FP+ access.

-Rob

JohnD

If you're staying at a Disney resort and your stay is already 60 days or less from today, then you can book your FP+ now. Just get the reservation numbers and plug those into MDE. You should be able to book your FP+ immediately after that. You don't need the MBs in hand to book. You'll get those on arrival and they'll already be linked to your MDE account.

As for colors, also after plugging in your reservation numbers, you should be able to customize your MBs as well which includes choosing colors. If too close to your arrival date, I think you can choose colors on arrival. (I lost my MB over Veterans Day weekend and requested a replacement in red at the desk. I got one in red. No problem.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom