How secure would an Amazon delivery be to Pop Century .....

Sarah-Jane

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I am staying at Pop Century for 1 week from Feb 5th. I am visiting from the Caribbean and intend to use magic express to reach the resort and not rent a car. (don't fancy driving on the" wrong side"for me and am happy to stay within the disney bubble). While at Disney I intend to order a few large ticket items through my Amazon prime account to be delivered to my resort namely an Xbox and Apple Mac. I am just concerned how secure this would be. If I was to visit the nearest Apple store it seems I would have to pay around 100Us return in cab fares.

Am I taking a risk that my parcels will go walkabout?

I would appreciate any feedback from the numerous experts on all things Disney , I see that frequent this site.

Many Thanks.

Maerj

Hi Everyone,

I am staying at Pop Century for 1 week from Feb 5th. I am visiting from the Caribbean and intend to use magic express to reach the resort and not rent a car. (don't fancy driving on the" wrong side"for me and am happy to stay within the disney bubble). While at Disney I intend to order a few large ticket items through my Amazon prime account to be delivered to my resort namely an Xbox and Apple Mac. I am just concerned how secure this would be. If I was to visit the nearest Apple store it seems I would have to pay around 100Us return in cab fares.

I would appreciate any feedback from the numerous experts on all things Disney , I see that frequent this site.

Many Thanks.
I sent packages to myself there before with no problems. I would call the manager at pop first just to let them know what you are doing.

Rob562

Just make sure that the package is addressed to the person whose name is on the hotel reservation. If there is a line that can include the checkin date and reservation number, even better.

-Rob

CAPTAIN HOOK

I would say that your parcels would be safe until you accept delivery of them at the front desk.

What will you do with them once they're in your room and you're in the parks ? While the majority of WDW employees are honest, leaving high end goods in your room is a temptation to the most honest of people.

Sarah-Jane

Original Poster
Just make sure that the package is addressed to the person whose name is on the hotel reservation. If there is a line that can include the checkin date and reservation number, even better.

-Rob
Thank You, There seems to be space within the Amazon address to put all the relevant info.

Sarah-Jane

Original Poster
I would say that your parcels would be safe until you accept delivery of them at the front desk.

What will you do with them once they're in your room and you're in the parks ? While the majority of WDW employees are honest, leaving high end goods in your room is a temptation to the most honest of people.
Thank You. I intend to place them in my suitcase and keep it locked. I am prepared to take the risk after I pick up the packages was just concerned if they would be "missing" before I picked them up.

dreamfinder

There is no real risk/harm to having stuff sent to the resort. Guests do it all the time. I had two different Amazon orders arrive my last trip alone. If anything happens before you pick up the packages, Amazon/WDW should make it right as you haven't accepted responsibility of the items yet. After you get them, then you are responsible.

Don't bother telling the manager what you are doing, any call to POP will get routed to the main property switchboard, and you would most likely never actually make it to a manager. Not to mention if you are worried about them being delivered properly, having a note on your reservation "Expecting Xbox and Mac to be delivered" would be a silly thing to do.

andy773

I shipped packages to the Contemporary and had no trouble but they certainly weren't as valuable as what you are planning on shipping.

With Amazon Prime you can track the shipment. If it shows that it was delivered but the desk people say it never came, I'm sure Amazon or UPS would also follow up with the desk to see what happened. I would think something that valuable they would have someone sign for it, which would then make them more accountable.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Agree. I don't take my full wallet into the parks - just those items I need, like photo ID, AP card (for discounts), credit card (prefer to whip out the card, rather than touching MB to pay; helps me control my spending *everyone rolls eyes*) and some cash for little things. So I put my wallet, along with my iPod and other valuable electronics in the wall safe. That said, the wall safe in POP isn't that big and you would have a problem fitting both your Xbox and Apple Mac in it. My question is this - you are on vacation. Do you really need to ship a gaming console AND a laptop to Disney? Are you really going to use them to justify (1) shipping (Amazon does on occasion break things) and (2) the potential loss of the expensive electronics from your room? I've brought my 10" tablet on trips so I can watch channels that Disney doesn't show - like HBO (not gonna miss Game of Thrones) and the occasional movie on Netflix when DD and BF are at pool/hot tub. I've probably used the thing 3 times in the 30 trips to WDW. It now stays at home.

I would say LEAVE THEM AT HOME. You are going to WDW. The family member that absolutely must have an Xbox at Disney needs some re-education. Trust us on this board, there will be LOTS of things to do. So much so that you will fall into bed each night completely exhausted.

CaptainAmerica

I would say LEAVE THEM AT HOME. You are going to WDW. The family member that absolutely must have an Xbox at Disney needs some re-education. Trust us on this board, there will be LOTS of things to do. So much so that you will fall into bed each night completely exhausted.
I don't think the OP intends to play the Xbox. I believe he/she wants to buy it for favorable prices/taxes while he/she is in the US. But I may be mistaken.

Sarah-Jane

Original Poster
You are correct, As I mentioned I live in the tropical Caribbean and thefore these items are not easily available. Have absolutely no intention of opening playing while at Disney just wish to order some electronics etc. to take back home with me.

Thanks for all the responses. I am reassured that my online deliveries should reach me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom