How much pre planning do I need?

Jedi Stitch

Original Poster
It has been since 2008 since I last have been to the DLR. I know things have changed from the 80',90' and 00', but how much? I took the fam to WDW in '16, had the time of our lives. I did find out I had to plan out days at parks, rides, ADR, and general pandemonium. It used to be at Disneyland, you showed up and waited to ride rides. My last trip I found out about paper fast passes and started to figure out how to hit the kiosks for the ticket. You also went to the Blue Bayou first thing to get your daily reservation. So, how much of Disneyland has caught up to WDW for pre-planing. Do I need to pre buy my tickets? Do I get to use MDE and set up ADRs, What is MAXpass, I know it is not fast pass. Are Magic Bands used? Like Jonny 5 "Need Input"

Emmanuel

You indeed have a lot of catching up to do.

The Disneyland Resort does have its own app similar to the MDE for WDW where you can use the app for park admission, buy tickets, reserve tables for dining, check wait times, etc (Except we can't order food in the app like WDW though I suspect that'll make its way over here soon). If you already made an account through MDE for WDW it'll work for the DLR app as well.

Maxpass is a way to get fast passes through the app and not having to get them at the fastpass distribution centers by the attractions that offer it. So its like Fastpass+ Except that you can't make Fastpass reservations in advance only on the day of but it also includes free Photopass Downloads and its $10 per person. Speaking of Fastpass, you no longer hand the cast member the FP paper tickets that you get at the distribution centers. When you return to the attraction with your fastpass, you just scan your park admission (if you get Maxpass you can redeem through the app). Fantasmic and World of Color has Fastpass

Other than that DLR has nearly caught up to WDW in terms of pre-planning. And DLR doesn't use magic bands so you can leave that at home.

westie

I think I'd just make rezzies for what you really don't want to miss. Carthay Circle (with or without show), Blue Bayou, steakhouse 55. Depending on how many people are in your party, maxpass is either a good or bad thing @ $10/person per day. When are you going and where are you staying may depend on what you need to bring and wear. Right now a lot of refurb is going on. DCA is really only a half day adventure since soo much is closed. Parkhoppers recommended. Staying on site? Extra magic hour is a great perk although at DLR only 1/4 of the park is available for that 1st hour. Go figure?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom