How Much Money?

eel_pharm_06

Original Poster
Hello there, I'm new here (this being my 2nd thread) i just graduated from pharmacy school, and my parents are taking us (my sister, her boyfriend, my boyfriend and my self (6 adults) ) to WDW :D to celebrate. any who, I'm not paying for any part of the trip, food, tickets, room... (my present). my parents told me to bring money to spend on my self how much should i bring? i will be going in July just in time to see the new ride opening of the 7th.
how much money should i save up? and also how much money should i bring in cash, i imagine that most places would take a debit card, but i still think i would bring some cash for those little unexpected expenses... thanks a bunch!!!

Edy

typhoonguy

eel_pharm_06 said:
Hello there, I'm new here (this being my 2nd thread) i just graduated from pharmacy school, and my parents are taking us (my sister, her boyfriend, my boyfriend and my self (6 adults) ) to WDW :D to celebrate. any who, I'm not paying for any part of the trip, food, tickets, room... (my present). my parents told me to bring money to spend on my self how much should i bring? i will be going in July just in time to see the new ride opening of the 7th.
how much money should i save up? and also how much money should i bring in cash, i imagine that most places would take a debit card, but i still think i would bring some cash for those little unexpected expenses... thanks a bunch!!!

Edy

I live in Orlando and have not used cash for anything for almost 2 years (since I bought my e-pass). However there are a VERY few places that dont take cards (such as the funnel cake place in EPCOT). You're on your own as to how much you want to bring, but it sounds like you just need souvie money.

shmily

Hi! We usually save at least $200 for souvenirs but that kind of depends on how much of a Disney person you are. If you don't plan on taking home a ton of souvenirs, then save less...if you plan on purchasing fine art and expensive figurines, then save more. We also usually have at least $20 cash just in case we want to buy something small such as a pop or keychain.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You don't mention how long you'll be there, but assuming a week... If you have a debit/credit card and plan to use it where you can, you'll probably only need about $200-300 in actual cash - worst case. Basically, what you might purchase in small amounts that aren't worth charging or items [like funnel cakes] from small outlets that don't take cards.

In a week, DS and I spent over $1500 on souvenirs to bring home, but almost all of that was charged to our room key. I had $300 in cash and we had about half that left when we came home.

brertigger

First of all, welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:

Also, some of the outdoor vending carts do not accept cards (like some of the water stands).

I am sure y'all will have a great trip. You have the perfect size group (it is most fun with a group that size, in my opinion).

BRER STITCH

I always recommend $100 per day per person when you have to buy your meals, too.

As your meals are taken care of already, I'd suggest at least $20 a day for snacks or souvenirs, drinks at the hotel bars, and downtown disney stuff. If you can swing it, bring $50 a day and treat yourself and your family to some ice cream at Ghirardelli's or a round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens!

CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation!!!

You picked a GREAT way to celebrate!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom