How much is Disney going to pay Comcast for Hulu?

seascape

Original Poster
The deal Disney and Comcast made for Hulu was in 2024 Disney can buy 100% of Hulu for at a minimum valuation of $27.5 billion. So the question is what is Hulu worth. Netflix has a market cap of about $83.3 billion but has four times the number of customers. The means will Disney be over paying or under paying for Comcast's portion? The one thing I believe is there is no way Hulu is worth 45 billion some people thought last year so I am glad that Comcast didn't sell early. Anyway, I believe Disney will end up paying Comcast based on the $27.5 billion valuation for whatever the percentage is that Comcast owns, which is actually less than 33.3% because they have not been paying anything into Hulu since the deal was made.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The deal Disney and Comcast made for Hulu was in 2024 Disney can buy 100% of Hulu for at a minimum valuation of $27.5 billion. So the question is what is Hulu worth. Netflix has a market cap of about $83.3 billion but has four times the number of customers. The means will Disney be over paying or under paying for Comcast's portion? The one thing I believe is there is no way Hulu is worth 45 billion some people thought last year so I am glad that Comcast didn't sell early. Anyway, I believe Disney will end up paying Comcast based on the $27.5 billion valuation for whatever the percentage is that Comcast owns, which is actually less than 33.3% because they have not been paying anything into Hulu since the deal was made.
I've read a few analysts that currently value Hulu at $16B, not much beyond its 2019 valuation. So unless it goes way up in the next year and half Disney will end up paying 33% (or whatever it is now) of the $27.5B minimum valuation in 2024.

Or Disney might try and do what they did with their content on Netflix, buy the contract out early in order to gain control.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

In an August SEC filing, Disney said: “The Company and NBCU have been conducting a confidential arbitration concerning the parties’ rights and responsibilities under the Hulu limited liability company agreement. The Company expects a decision in that arbitration within the next quarter. The outcome of the arbitration is uncertain and we cannot reasonably estimate the amount of any potential loss or the impact on the determination of the value of Hulu’s equity pursuant to the Hulu limited liability company agreement and thus the amount we may be required to pay to acquire NBCU’s interest in Hulu.”​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom