How long do the candy apples last?

AylaRanzz

Original Poster
My sister is curious as to how long the candy apples will keep as far as trying to bring them home goes.

rufio

Copied from a candy apple site:
apples can be refrigerated up to a week and possibly longer but we don’t want to overstate this as they are perishable products. If refrigerated you should take the apples out approximately 45 minutes prior to eating to let them come to room temperature.

luv

As long as any other apple. I'd eat it within a few days.

However, there is nothing special about the WDW apples. Get (or make) them at home...they'll be just as good.

If you fly, check to make sure you can take them through. There may be some rule about fruit.

HouCuseChickie

@luv is spot on about the fruit in the airport issues. I don't know how FL is about it leaving the state, but they are really tough on anything coming into the state. i.e. they are making sure nothing negative is introduced into the environment. ex. anything that might impact the orange crops.

You definitely can try making them at home...
http://hereandthere.us/index.php/2010/how-to-make-mickey-mouse-candy-apples/

There are also some how to vids on YouTube + a few where you can watch the people at WDW and their actual techniques.

Dad 2 M & M

Make sure they don't get too hot! The outer-layer of candy will turn into goo. So, if you are driving, keep them cool and make sure they are not sitting on the dash (or in direct sunlight).

the1nonlysinger

It was a few years ago, so I'm not sure if flight regulations changed in that time. But our last trip we bought several on Main Street the morning we left and took them back with us in our carry on without any issues. They traveled well- no issues with melting or decay. They package them up securely when we bought them. Made great thank you gifts for dog sitting :)

Pooh Lover

I usually pack them in my carry-on for temperature reasons (if flying when temps are hot.) Never had any issues with the airlines. I would say a week from the time you buy them is about as long as you can go before the middle area around the stick starts to turn brown and go bad.

AylaRanzz

Original Poster
Thanks guys. My sister realized after I posted this that we'll have a fridge in our room, so at least while we're there we can keep them in there.

the1nonlysinger

I discovered recently that sell them at several places throughout WDW. Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom, Karamell-Küche in Epcot's Germany Pavilion, Candy Cauldron at Downtown Disney, Sunset Boulevard Candy Store in Hollywood Studios and I'm pretty sure that I even saw some in the new Fantasyland shop, I think... As long as you're going to the parks, you should be able to get them very close to when you leave, if not the day of. (Not sure if they sell them in the resorts too- they might!) Hope that helps! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom