How is nobody talking about this? This is awful. (Former Innoventions Area Background Music Finally Removed from EPCOT)

Beacon Joe

Well this is crappy news.

I guess we can at least breathe a sigh of relief that at least they aren't playing 70s pop songs to increase that synergy with a comic book ride that has no place in Future World let alone EPCOT.

Nottamus

I am keeping this a secret from my wife.

it’s a shame to lose that. Just a case of, it’s not broke so please don’t fix it!

It’s going to be missed

(although I’ve downloaded and play sometimes as we float in the pool at home)

Beacon Joe

I am keeping this a secret from my wife.

it’s a shame to lose that. Just a case of, it’s not broke so please don’t fix it!

It’s going to be missed

(although I’ve downloaded and play sometimes as we float in the pool at home)

That music was very important for establishing the mood, no doubt. And like you I'm not going to dare tell my wife or my kids about this. Though I have no doubt that both kids will immediately notice it. That loop was joyous, maybe even moving in places, and had a way of worming itself into the brain. I'm sure my kids have never sat down on youtube and listened to park loops ever, but I do hear them occasionally whistling or humming parts of that loop.

Nottamus

That music was very important for establishing the mood, no doubt. And like you I'm not going to dare tell my wife or my kids about this. Though I have no doubt that both kids will immediately notice it. That loop was joyous, maybe even moving in places, and had a way of worming itself into the brain. I'm sure my kids have never sat down on youtube and listened to park loops ever, but I do hear them occasionally whistling or humming parts of that loop.
The new entrance loop was playing on our last trip and my wife said “it’s not horrible”
(Her words of praise)
But this coupled with:

All the price increases
Losing fast pass
Now paying for tier one rides
And now no POG……there’s a biggie
They’ve already changed AKL loop
Now her coveted Epcot loop?
Oh and so far she hates the star gate and the tacos…

eeesh

Beacon Joe

Pomegranate Orange Guava. Apparently, Disney provided a Coke brand of it but it's currently not manufactured and/or distributed by Coke at the moment. I found recipes online for it. I guess Disney is too cheap to purchase the juices separately and make their own.

Hmmm. Pomegranate? Do you mean Passionfruit?

Where was that served?

Beacon Joe

I edited my post while you were posting yours.
Sorry! I finished work early so I'm spending way too much time reading and commenting on this board right now.

Now, as born and bred kamaaina who has lived too long on the mainland and has spent decades scouring my state for local kine food and drink..... well, POG is a particular passion of mine. We used to have jugs of either that or just straight guava juice after naptime in Kindergarten. So sometimes I still get cravings for it, and staying Club Level at the Poly was a dream come true: endless jugs of POG all day.

I won't ask where you live, but if you have any Korean or general Asian supermarkets near you, you may be able to find either the Hawaiian Sun or Aloha Maid brands of canned POG. At a minimum, you should have no trouble grabbing passionfruit juice at an Asian market, or definitely at a Hispanic market.

Some Safeways on the west coast and even the east coast have carried frozen, concentrated POG (IIRC it was the Hawaii's Own brand).

If you have a World Market near you, that's also a good place to look. IIRC, all of their stores were carrying Hawaiian Sun POG a few years ago in limited amounts. Now, they all seem to be carrying only Hawaiian Sun's canned lilikoi (AKA passionfruit) juice, but that's a good starter.

Before I found local sources for canned POG, I mixed a lot on my own. And still do when the H Mart runs out. I use a different ratio that the recipe link you provided, and use a 2:2:1 ratio of passionfruit : orange : guava since I usually use the richer guava nectar.

Disney must still mix their own in a limited capacity, as POG is the key ingredient in Gorilla Grog - and Gorilla Grog is the basis for their Schweitzer Falls mocktail which was still being served at Trader Sam's last month.

JohnD

Sorry! I finished work early so I'm spending way too much time reading and commenting on this board right now.

Now, as born and bred kamaaina who has lived too long on the mainland and has spent decades scouring my state for local kine food and drink..... well, POG is a particular passion of mine. We used to have jugs of either that or just straight guava juice after naptime in Kindergarten. So sometimes I still get cravings for it, and staying Club Level at the Poly was a dream come true: endless jugs of POG all day.

I won't ask where you live, but if you have any Korean or general Asian supermarkets near you, you may be able to find either the Hawaiian Sun or Aloha Maid brands of canned POG. At a minimum, you should have no trouble grabbing passionfruit juice at an Asian market, or definitely at a Hispanic market.

Some Safeways on the west coast and even the east coast have carried frozen, concentrated POG (IIRC it was the Hawaii's Own brand).

If you have a World Market near you, that's also a good place to look. IIRC, all of their stores were carrying Hawaiian Sun POG a few years ago in limited amounts. Now, they all seem to be carrying only Hawaiian Sun's canned lilikoi (AKA passionfruit) juice, but that's a good starter.

Before I found local sources for canned POG, I mixed a lot on my own. And still do when the H Mart runs out. I use a different ratio that the recipe link you provided, and use a 2:2:1 ratio of passionfruit : orange : guava since I usually use the richer guava nectar.

Disney must still mix their own in a limited capacity, as POG is the key ingredient in Gorilla Grog - and Gorilla Grog is the basis for their Schweitzer Falls mocktail which was still being served at Trader Sam's last month.

Actually, I live in the Florida panhandle. We do have special markets like Aldi, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, etc. Who knows? I might find the other juices. OJ? Check. As for the other two. . .

Nottamus

When did the AKL loop change?

And POG? The juice? Or is that a ride acronym I'm not familiar with?
Passion orange guava….jungle juice.
Not sure it’s gone yet, but Mfg doesn’t make it anymore I’ve read today

the AKL loop was slightly altered when we were there in June of this year

Beacon Joe

Guava juice is hard to come by everywhere. Starbucks can't get it either.

Oh man, I haven't heard about that one. The Hispanic markets where I live seem to have plenty of guava nectar in stock... though you just instilled a panic in me so I may have to panic buy and clear their shelves tonight. :D

dreday3

Oh man, I haven't heard about that one. The Hispanic markets where I live seem to have plenty of guava nectar in stock... though you just instilled a panic in me so I may have to panic buy and clear their shelves tonight. :D

Don't worry! I'm thinking it's to do with a supply chain issue for Starbucks at least...

Epct82

The old BGM loops will live on forever on YouTube for anyone who misses them.

The people at ResortTV1 have even reuploaded many of Disney's BGM loops onto their Patreon account, allowing people to donate money to them to listen to Disney's product. And there is absolutely NOTHING shady about this whatsoever. ;)

Chicken Guy

The old BGM loops will live on forever on YouTube for anyone who misses them.

The people at ResortTV1 have even reuploaded many of Disney's BGM loops onto their Patreon account, allowing people to donate money to them to listen to Disney's product. And there is absolutely NOTHING shady about this whatsoever. ;)
I’ve actually found that the Diz Avenue website is my favorite place to listen to bgm’s. It’s the site with the digital player that starts automatically when you enter a page, and you can choose whatever you’d like to hear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom