How I’d Revamp Animal Kingdom

Thingamabob

I am not bringing back Camp Minnie Mickey, just adding some unobtrusive tributes to the former land. Dino Land isn’t going away completely, just contracting.
I agree, like I for one enjoy the Wild Mouse style ride in Dino Land and would hate to see that go, but a lot of that stuff like the carnival themed stuff would have to go in my opinion. Triceratop Spin is even OK.

Miru

Original Poster
Finnick’s Revenge opens on a scene inside the Zootopia prison (near the exit of the dark ride), where Mayor Lionheart is their getting out of his cell to instruct riders with a safety spiel. As you get closer to Finnick’s cell, you will notice graffiti on the walls. Bellwhether repeats the spiel, this time adding some remarks on Finnick, describing a little of what riders will soon experience. Riders go incide Finnick’s cell to enter the loading area. Look on the walls of his cell for a description of his nefarious plan. Once loading into the rotating coaster cars, the uphill lift soon begins, with a scene of Finnick talking to riders about how he will get revenge on Nick. “Greetings, people of Zootopia! Ever since the mayors have been desposed, Zootopia seems an awful lot like a police state, doesn’t it? My old “pal”, Nick Wilde, is a member of this police state. What I need to do is to impose myself into power, and get Nick out of the city!” After the lift hill, riders enter the first drop, which is where the ride takes your picture. Riders swerve around a clockwork contraption, noting that an animatronic Nick and Judy have been tied up together over a vat of concentrated Night Howler, and making several near misses from pistons and gears. One may also notice a Night Howler cannon, with a few targets including Gazelle. Finnick then shows up near the end to send the riders backwards, but he accidentally destroys the cannon and frees Judy and Nick. They drag Finnick back to his cell.

Next will be Tarzan: Queen La’s Lair.

Last edited:

QuasiNoFroyo

I'd let the lions, tigers, rhinos, elephants, hipos roam freely in AK, guests would get the true feeling of Africa. Side benefit watch the crowds drop dramatically. Joking of course. Dinosaurs are always a big hit with all ages update Dinoland with some realistic dinosaurs with advances in animatronics they could do something neat and scary
Lol tigers don't even live in Africa. Only Asia has them.

Miru

Original Poster
Now for Ducktales Lost Valley Rally, the newest addition; it is a racing coaster. Think a more intense RSR with different vehicles. The story is as follows: a civilization of sapient non-avian dinosaurs is accidentally revealed on a search for a fabled Meteor by Rockerduck. He has discovered they are obsessed with racing, and has manipulated together a racing tournament; and riders are invited.

Enter the Lost Valley where the Nemo theater used to be (the walls are inscribed with “You’ll be in my heart” as a tribute to a former occupant, among other tributes), and see Rockerduck announce the race to come. Glomgold and Mark Beaks are also in attendance, along with none other than our heroes themselves. The queue has a list of the participants, just as the announcer announces the rules and regulations, we are sent into the next room. A few more show scenes to get riders ready before we launch into an enclosed racing coaster. Four vehicles race each other at once down slopes and turns in a deep valley illuminated with glittering gems.

Last edited:

Tank Man

Here are the changes I would make to Animal Kingdom (as much as I otherwise love it):
  1. Re-theme Dinoland to a land devoted to Indiana Jones studying South American dinosaurs and Inca culture, with Dinosaur itself now becoming a ride about an evil Inca curse that brings fossilized dinosaurs back from the dead (with the effect being very similar to Jack Sparrow at the beginning of Shanghai's Pirates attraction). In the place of Dino-Rama could either be a boat ride, a trackless ride system, a smoother roller coaster than Primeval Whirl, or maybe even all three.
  2. Build a new Zootopia land in the long-unused expansion pad that sits north of Asia. Guests could either access it by train from Africa or by foot from Asia if they don't wish to take the train.
  3. Build a new Tarzan coaster right next door to FOTLK in the Africa section.
  4. Add a third ride to Pandora (preferably a trackless dark ride).
  5. FIX THE YETI!!!
I like the Yeti, they need to fix him
And they had plans for a Tarzan coaster but they scrapped it because of Michael Eisner’s least favorite word and something he won’t expand “budget”

Miru

Original Poster
Tarzan: Queen La’s Lair is a coaster using an elevator lift into the show building, from the outdoor queue and load area. After receiving Porter’s safety spiel, riders seat on vine-like vehicles that seat one per row. Guided into the lift, riders ascend 4 stories and enter the show building. Yes, within the darkness is an ancient treasure Queen La will use to rule the island unopposed. Swerve down into the depths of the lair, making hairpin turns and drops all the while. She later summons the Stealth Sneak, in a tribute to KH’s infamous Deep Jungle. Will you be able to disable the treasure and escape?

wazowski_216

Here are my ideas:

Africa: Add a Lion King Mini-Land

Hyena Roller coaster
Festival of The Lion King
Lion King Dark Ride
Pumbaa and Timon comedy show

Kilimanjaro Safaris stays.

Africa: Replace Nemo Musical, demolish building and build new show building and put a Jungle Book ride in

UP! Land:

Charles Muntz Airship Roller Coaster
Paradise Falls Expedition
How to Chase Squirrels with Dug
UP! Bird Show

Pandora: No changes

Dinoland: I liked Primeval Whirl, but its ok, replace it with Dinosaur History with Bill Nye

Miru

Original Poster
Here are my ideas:

Africa: Add a Lion King Mini-Land

Hyena Roller coaster
Festival of The Lion King
Lion King Dark Ride
Pumbaa and Timon comedy show

Kilimanjaro Safaris stays.

Africa: Replace Nemo Musical, demolish building and build new show building and put a Jungle Book ride in

UP! Land:

Charles Muntz Airship Roller Coaster
Paradise Falls Expedition
How to Chase Squirrels with Dug
UP! Bird Show

Pandora: No changes

Dinoland: I liked Primeval Whirl, but its ok, replace it with Dinosaur History with Bill Nye
TLK mini-land sounds great to me, especially the dark ride. And the Dinosaur History with Bill Nye could work, though an in-house IP character (Gonzo?) could be used instead of him because of the recent controversy around Nye. Up representation would be pretty good, at the very least a statue of Carl as an Ed Asner tribute. I feel like the Don Karnage ride kind of fits our “airship” quota, though if anything Muntz’s could be a restaurant. Jungle Book is set in Asia, actually, but I plan to do a dark ride for it or maybe retheme Kali River Rapids.

I’m also considering a Touhou Project mini-land for Asia/Beastly Kingdom, because it’s basically inevitable Universal Studios is going to dig into that anime/manga/video game goldmine (and they’ve actually already started with Mario and his immediate co-franchises), so why don’t we try to beat them at their own game? If that does happen, we gotta sell Bad Apples as a snack. (Sorry, Pern is too niche)

Last edited:

wazowski_216

TLK mini-land sounds great to me, especially the dark ride. And the Dinosaur History with Bill Nye could work, though an in-house IP character (Gonzo?) could be used instead of him because of the recent controversy around Nye. Up representation would be pretty good, at the very least a statue of Carl as an Ed Asner tribute. I feel like the Don Karnage ride kind of fits our “airship” quota, though if anything Muntz’s could be a restaurant. Jungle Book is set in Asia, actually, but I plan to do a dark ride for it or maybe retheme Kali River Rapids.

I’m also considering a Touhou Project mini-land for Asia/Beastly Kingdom, because it’s basically inevitable Universal Studios is going to dig into that anime/manga/video game goldmine (and they’ve actually already started with Mario and his immediate co-franchises), so why don’t we try to beat them at their own game? If that does happen, we gotta sell Bad Apples as a snack. (Sorry, Pern is too niche)

My bad, Africa was a typo lol… and I would’ve went with a muppets thing but I’ve done so many muppets concepts recently and I wanted to do something different

Miru

Original Poster
My bad, Africa was a typo lol… and I would’ve went with a muppets thing but I’ve done so many muppets concepts recently and I wanted to do something different
As I said it doesn’t have to be Gonzo, we could have someone else host like maybe Milo Thatch and Kida from Atlantis. I did consider Muntz’s ship as a play area, but I think maybe the play area could be Carl’s House. (Maybe make that one a water play area?)

Anyway, the Touhou sub-area of Asia will resemble part of Gensokyo, with Japanese architecture, bright colors, and it will start with meetable Touhou characters plus acoustic versions of such familiar numbers as “Bad Apple”.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom