How have crowds been?

pixiedust2007

Hi all! :wave:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how crowds have been this year so far in May? We leave in a few days! :sohappy:

Thanks!

Uncle-Remus

:p We leave in less than a week. Does anyone have any crowd info? PLEASE:confused:
I am looking at the forcast and I am not seeing a good weather week so I am hoping the crowds are atleast ok. Any help would be great.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

bryce0131

Just arrived yesterday. went to DTD from 6-8. wasn't as bad as I expected. Was able to walk around in shops & outside w/out bumping into tons of people. Was at EPCOT for 9 this morning. Made a B-Line to Soarin. Was about a 15 min wait. Upon exiting the ride, grabbed a FP from 10-11. At that time the wait was 30 min. At 11, wait time was 45 min for Soarin & 40 min for Test Track. Crowds were very nice. Went around the world's and there was hardly anyone. Oh, also about 9:45 I did Nemo & it was posted 5 min, but I walked right on. My mom went went to MK at 1:00 & said longest wait was 40 min for PoC. Will post later. The rest of my gang hopped to AK from EPCOT.

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

Just got back last night. We were there the 3-9th and wait times and crowds were not bad. The crowds were the worst at MK the nights they had Spectro. Went the other night when there was no Spectro and rode BTM 3 times in a row at 7:30 in the evening with no wait times, waited a few minutes for Pooh etc. Some of the wait times at the parks stated 20 minutes but you walked right on or waited about maybe 10 minutes. The other day they didn't even have the fastpass open for Everest, wait was 30 minutes in the afternoon. 20 minute wait for RnR the other evening and walked right on ToT.

Upvote 0

bryce0131

I did MK yesterday morning: PoC-less than 5 min wait, BTM-5 min wait, Haunted-10, Small world-walk on, Peter Pan-said 30 min (this was about 10:45am), Pooh-20, Buzz-10, Space M-20 Not bad at all. DId WS at EPCOT for EMH-evening. Not crowed there at all.

Upvote 0

NCState

Just returned today and I thought the crowds were really bad with school groups. I thought the crowds would be low because school is still in...boy I was wrong! Every school group 5th grade and up was there!

Upvote 0

Anthos

I agree, I just came back from May 7-11 and thought the crowds were horrible. It was wall to wall people everyday and the rides all had at least 20 minute wait times. School groups were everywhere all week. I wont be doing May again.

Upvote 0

Uncle-Remus

We leave tomorrow morning!!!!:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :king:
:confused: Am I wrong to think that 20 minute wait times are not that bad?
I am from Ohio and Cedar point has 1 hour wait times on a good day.:confused:

Upvote 0

Anthos

We leave tomorrow morning!!!!:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :king:
:confused: Am I wrong to think that 20 minute wait times are not that bad?
I am from Ohio and Cedar point has 1 hour wait times on a good day.:confused:

It’s not that the 20 minute wait time was bad, but the crowds in the park were unusually large and very cumbersome. Fantasyland was almost impossible to navigate through and all the wait times in there were always over an hour. I was taking my wife, daughter, and about ten other family members and we were kind of hoping for something a little less hectic. I didn’t enjoy myself as I could have if I stuck to my original plan and went in early December.

Upvote 0

jooleejul

I was there May 2-10,and I have to say that the crowds were a little worse than I expected. I wouldn't say they were horrible,I had just expected more kids to be in school. Magic Kingdom had the longest lines at Fantasyland, many of those rides were 30-45 minutes, everything else wasn't too bad. Animal Kingdom - Kilimanjaro Safari's was the worst, if you weren't there in the am, it got packed - I saw a 75 minute wait at one point. Everest wasn't too bad - the sign would say 30 minutes, but often it was more like 15 or 20. MGM was managable, I wouldn't see anything was too bad there except for Fantasmic. Epcot was the most crowded park of all I felt....neartly everything there was 30 minutes an up. Get Soarin Fastpasses asap or you'll be stuck with a time hours and hours ahead. Another ting that surprised was was the magic hours in the evening - I expected nearly empty parks, but they seemed to be even MORE crowded then.

Upvote 0

mitchk

I'm reading all these posts about how the park was really crowded, and then they say wait times were like 30 min for Everest?? What time of year do these people usually go? :veryconfu A 30 minute wait for Everest isn't bad at all. Try going to the parks in July, then you'll know the definition of really crowded. :eek: Anyway, I hope the parks stay the way they are for my trip this Sunday. :D

Upvote 0

pax_65

I just returned on May 12th and found the crowds quite manageable. We got to the parks early and were practically walking on rides. When the park got busy by early afternoon we left and hung out by the pool. Then we returned in later afternoon/evening. The worst line we encountered was for Soarin' in Epcot (45 minutes or so).

One thing I don't quite understand... it seems that the "early entry" park is always the most crowded, but not in the early morning. It's almost as if people make up their mind to get up early and attend that park, but then they don't get up early... but they still attend that park!

So my advice would be: If you can get up early and take advantage of the early hours, do so. But if you sleep late, don't go to the "early" park that day.

Upvote 0

Anything Disney

I'm reading all these posts about how the park was really crowded, and then they say wait times were like 30 min for Everest?? What time of year do these people usually go? :veryconfu A 30 minute wait for Everest isn't bad at all. Try going to the parks in July, then you'll know the definition of really crowded. :eek: Anyway, I hope the parks stay the way they are for my trip this Sunday. :D

Yeah, I agree! I've been known to be happy when the wait is "only" 60 minutes! :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom