How far is Universal from Disney

suzie

Original Poster
First time going to Disney.

I'm leaving for Disney from August 10 to 15th. We will be 2 children 8 & 9 and 3 adults. Staying at Pop Century.

My question is can I make a visit to Universal. How far is it from Disney, and how can I get there. Taxi? Would it be too expensive.

What do you think?

As always, thanks guys.

Hey Suzie,

I stayed at Pop Century & went to the Universal Parks in March of this year & used "Mears" Shuttle service. You don't have to make reservations weeks before.. you can simply call a day or two ahead of time & tell them when you want to be picked up. It's about a 10 to 15 minute drive to CityWalk/Universal. Mears charges $15.00 a person [roundtrip]. (as opposed to $20 to $40 for a Cab - one way..)

My experience with Mears was mostly positive. The other great thing is that if you change your mind as to when you want to be picked up from the parks, you can call 2 hours prior & adjust your time while you're at the park. They were easy to work with. The Front Desk [Pop Century] staff will call & assist you with any Mears issues/questions.

To contact Mears Transportation Services to request an "Attraction Transport," you can call: (407) 423-5566 to setup your reservation.

You can also go to http://www.mearstransportation.com

Hope this helps,
Bryant :)

Disneyfanman

It's really easy too. Straight up I-4 to the Universal Studios exit. Left to the parking garage. If you leave early you will be there in 20 minutes. We always stay near Disney, but almost always do a day at the Studios. If traffic is light it will take you longer to get back to I-4 then the rest of the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom