How far in advance can you make a park reservation?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
We are planning a trip for next summer and I am curious as to when I can reserve park days.

I apologize if this has already been discussed or answered here, but I couldn’t seem to find it if it has.

Thanks so much for your help!

belledream

You can make park reservations up until September 26, 2021 with a resort reservation and tickets. You can start making them as soon as you have said resort/tickets linked.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
You can make park reservations up until September 26, 2021 with a resort reservation and tickets. You can start making them as soon as you have said resort/tickets linked.
Thank you. Just one follow up question. When I book my resort through Disney, I understand that the room is fully refundable up until 5 days (or something like that) before check in. Do you happen to know if park tickets bought through Disney are also fully refundable up to a certain period of time?

Thanks again for your help!

belledream

Thank you. Just one follow up question. When I book my resort through Disney, I understand that the room is fully refundable up until 5 days (or something like that) before check in. Do you happen to know if park tickets bought through Disney are also fully refundable up to a certain period of time?

Thanks again for your help!
If you book them together, as a package, it is fully refundable up to 30 days in advance. Then it's $200 from 29 to 2 days, and at 1 day, you'll be charged the full amount.

Pretty sure that in 'normal' times, tickets themselves are nonrefundable (though modifiable) but there are apparently 'options' if you call because of the current circumstances.

If you're doing everything through Disney, I'd just book a package for the most flexibility. You can modify both components easily online, such as changing the dates or your resort reservation or changing the number of days/park hopper option on tickets. Hope that helps!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
If you book them together, as a package, it is fully refundable up to 30 days in advance. Then it's $200 from 29 to 2 days, and at 1 day, you'll be charged the full amount.

Pretty sure that in 'normal' times, tickets themselves are nonrefundable (though modifiable) but there are apparently 'options' if you call because of the current circumstances.

If you're doing everything through Disney, I'd just book a package for the most flexibility. You can modify both components easily online, such as changing the dates or your resort reservation or changing the number of days/park hopper option on tickets. Hope that helps!
Thank you again, so much!

DfromATX

I have a question related to this topic. I was looking at January 2021 dates and doing a mock booking. When I got to the "put in cart" part, a pop up came up about checking the calendar on the new reservation system. So I went to the reservation calendar, but I wasn't sure what to do after that. I saw the color coding legend, but on the calendar it looked all blank. How do you link the two? I tried calling and the recording said they weren't taking anymore calls tonight! Is January too far out? Just a few weeks ago you couldn't even look at those dates, but they are on there now.

belledream

I have a question related to this topic. I was looking at January 2021 dates and doing a mock booking. When I got to the "put in cart" part, a pop up came up about checking the calendar on the new reservation system. So I went to the reservation calendar, but I wasn't sure what to do after that. I saw the color coding legend, but on the calendar it looked all blank. How do you link the two? I tried calling and the recording said they weren't taking anymore calls tonight! Is January too far out? Just a few weeks ago you couldn't even look at those dates, but they are on there now.

Make sure you have 'Disney Resort Guests' selected. You should see that there's availability for basically everything but the opening week in July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom