how early can you schedule a character breakfast?

doctor tigger

Hey Disney fans!
Since I got such a great response to my first question about MK, here's another. We are taking our 2 teenaged kids to WDW for the first time this summer (don't ask why it hasn't happened before, we're just slow, I guess!) My questions are: 1. How early can you schedule one of the character breakfasts in the Crystal Palace (ie can we get in before the park actually opens and is this worth it?) and 2: do we have to be staying in one of the Disney resorts to get in---if we're not in one of the Disney properties, how do we let them know at the gate to let us in early?
:confused:

I know that you will all have great answers----have a very excellent day out there!

Doctor Tigger

mickey-nut

Hi!

We just got back on Monday from WDW. We had breakfast at the Crystal Palace and I highly recommend it. We were staying on property, but I do not believe you have to be staying on property to get P.S. before the park opens. We had a 8:20 P.S.. When you get to the park you go to the left of the lines, there a cast member is waiting with a list of all the names for P.S. at the Crystal Palace, you give your name, she checks it off and in you go! We were done eating by 9:15 and headed straight to Fantasyland (I have little ones). We did all of Fantasyland by 10:30 with no wait. All of the Pooh gang is there and the food is good. I highly recommend the puffed cinnamin sugar french toast, yummy!:slurp: Have a gr-8 trip!:)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

for most of the rest. w/character meals you can scheduel the ressies 60 days in advance! Call 1-407-wdw-dine They are alot of fun...my husband and I ate at Crystal Palace on our honeymoon...totally loved it...its for kids of all ages!!!

Upvote 0

doctor tigger

Original Poster
Hey guys,
Thanks for the helpful information. I guess I should have made part of my question a bit clearer, though. Does anybody know how early in the morning they start seating people for the breakfasts?

Thanks and happy days!
Doc Tig

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

I'm not sure, but I believe they start at 7:00 am. When we were down 2 weeks ago, we had a 7:15 am at Chef Mickey's (not by choice). I know that's not the Crystal Palace, but I think most of the Character Breakfasts start seating at 7:00 am due to their popularity. If no one posts a "for sure" answer, you can always call WDW-DINE and ask. Good luck.

Upvote 0

doctor tigger

Original Poster
Hey Guys!
I called this morning for our day at MK and got PS for 8:15 at Crystal Palace. When I asked, the lady at reservations said that they started PS at 8:05.

Thanks to everybody for all your help! See you at the MK!

Doc Tig:sohappy:

Upvote 0

2much2do

Just to clarify for those of you who may not do 10 character brekfasts at each trip like I do, LOL!
Each restaurant that offers character breakfasts, both those inside the parks, and the ones at the resorts, start their priority seatings at different times. It all depends on the "hours" of the restuarant. Cinderella's Castle for instance does not start till 8AM, but the Restauranosaurus at Animal Kingdom starts at 7, like Chef Mickey's does. Also, at different times of the year, some restaurants open earlier or later, depending on crowds. For instance, O'hana's at the Poly is starting at 8, but back in Jan, they didn't start till 9. So, basically you have to call Disney dining to find out for sure when they start seating at the restaurant you want on the day of your choice. You can call before your 60 days out just to get this info if you want. Also, some character breakfasts can be booked 120 days in advance. Again, Disney dining would know this and tell you. The Birnbaums guidebook has a really nice chart describing the breakfasts and what food is served and which characters are there in the book. They also tell how far in advance you will need to call. You do not have to be a resort guest to book one, but some breakfasts won't take a reservation from off site guests as far in advance as they do on site ones. And even if it wasn't because they will let you into the park before it opens, they character breakfasts are definitly worth it, IMO! You get a great, filling breakfast to start you off on your day. You get to eat all you want for one price. You get to meet Disney characters, hug them, get autographs, pictures, etc. without having to wait in a hot sweaty line for hours. And, if you did the math, you would see that they are really not that expensive. My husband spent $12 for pancakes and sausage at the All-Star food court once cuz he was still hungry after the first one and had to order a second! At a character breakfast, he could have had all he wanted, gone up three or four times, for just $3 more, and it would have tasted much better!

So....go book 'em!! And have fun! Only 8 days left for me!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom