How does rider swap for FoP work?

crease1234

Original Poster
My party consists of me, my wife, mother-in-law and my 2-year old son. Obviously, the kid is too young to go on the ride, but are we able to ALL get in line together? I heard the queue itself is quite an experience. Then, when it comes to the ride, I will step aside with the kid while my wife and MiL go first. When they are done, they will take the kid, and I go in by myself. Do they allow this?

Second question: we will be arriving early that morning to Orlando. The plan right now is to Uber and drop off everyone else at Animal Kingdom at around 8am so that they can start lining up for FoP. While that is happening, I will go to Animal Kingdom Lodge where we are staying to check in and also drop off our bags, and then taking a bus to Animal Kingdom. My question is: will I have any difficulty joining the group? I'm going to guess that they are somewhere in the line of FoP by the time I reach there.

CaptainAmerica

My party consists of me, my wife, mother-in-law and my 2-year old son. Obviously, the kid is too young to go on the ride, but are we able to ALL get in line together? I heard the queue itself is quite an experience. Then, when it comes to the ride, I will step aside with the kid while my wife and MiL go first. When they are done, they will take the kid, and I go in by myself. Do they allow this?
No, your child will not be allowed to enter the queue. Assuming your entire party was together, Adult Group 1 would enter the line and Adult Group 2 would get a pass to return later. Adult Group 2 would take the kid to do something else while Adult Group 1 rides. Then the sides will switch, and Adult Group 2 would ride while Adult Group 1 has the child. The pass allows Adult Group 2 to ride without waiting in line.

Second question: we will be arriving early that morning to Orlando. The plan right now is to Uber and drop off everyone else at Animal Kingdom at around 8am so that they can start lining up for FoP. While that is happening, I will go to Animal Kingdom Lodge where we are staying to check in and also drop off our bags, and then taking a bus to Animal Kingdom. My question is: will I have any difficulty joining the group? I'm going to guess that they are somewhere in the line of FoP by the time I reach there.
No, this is not allowed or appropriate. That would be line-cutting.

Last edited:

crease1234

Original Poster
Got it, thanks!

A follow-up question: do all the adults doing the rider swap have to be present to be issued a pass?

CaptainAmerica

Got it, thanks!

A follow-up question: do all the adults doing the rider swap have to be present to be issued a pass?
Depends on the Cast Member, but usually no. However, the official policy is that only two adults may use the pass. Disney also helps you out if you have an odd number of adults in your party. If Mom and Grandma ride first while Dad waits with the kid, Dad can bring one of Mom or Grandma back on the ride with the pass so that he doesn't have to ride alone.

Depends on the Cast Member, but usually no. However, the official policy is that only two adults may use the pass. Disney also helps you out if you have an odd number of adults in your party. If Mom and Grandma ride first while Dad waits with the kid, Dad can bring one of Mom or Grandma back on the ride with the pass so that he doesn't have to ride alone.
However, I got parent swap twice when neither the adult nor infant was present. So it really depends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom